Replies

• Beanogirl
    Beanogirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    52lbs gone so it's a yes from me.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    It's working very well and it makes it easy to do and stick to.

• bunnywestley81
    bunnywestley81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    The app doesn't do anything...the people do the work!

But if you're comitted to weighing what you eat, logging it accurately and being a little wary with eating back exercise cals (MFP over estimates I think) then it is an extremely helpful tool to!

I'm weebling at the moment as always but I'm around 1st 7lb down since January.

• Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    For how many this app is working to loose weight?
    I don't know how many succeed and how many fail. What is sure is that MFP gives you the tools, but you have to make the commitment.

• freeoscar
    freeoscar Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It has been working for me (lost about 15lbs over 5 months) because rather than 'diets' which focus on what I can't eat, this allows me the ability to budget for the items I love to eat. It is very freeing in that way.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    It works for sure, but you need to log accurately for it to work.
  • alkindel15
    Options
    I've lost 20.5 pounds in 5 months...but 7.5 pounds of that total has come since using this app over the last 3 weeks. I'm definitely sold on the importance of logging all foods you eat and counting calories!
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    70 lbs lost in 8 months! Halelujia! I'm a believer! B)
  • Amy512tx
    Amy512tx Posts: 6
    Options
    moto450 wrote: »
    70 lbs lost in 8 months! Halelujia! I'm a believer! B)

Nice! Congrats!

• unlikelyathlete
    unlikelyathlete Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yes. If you are honest about what you are eating, you accurately measure what you are eating, and you don't give up if you are following the plan but the numbers aren't IMMEDIATELY showing up. I can't tell you how many people I see get discouraged when they don't see a loss on the scale for a week or two. It takes time.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    The app is a great tool, but it's you who does the work. You have to be honest and log correctly.

That said I've lost 40 pounds using MFP.
  • egorre
    egorre Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    as long as you log absolutely everything you eat, yes. i've lost 100 lbs so far.

also if you excercise, MFP tends to overestimate calories burned so don't eat out your calories too much.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Like others have said it's just a tool, but I've found it very helpful and motivating.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Working just fine for me, than you very much:
    58841349.png
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Works for me!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Counting calories is the ONLY thing that HAS worked for me. Calories in, calories out - boom - weight loss. :drinker:
  • AmyRhubarb
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oops, board hiccup - double post!
  • AmyRhubarb
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Triple!
  • nihan_gungor
    Options
    I correctly log my food I burned everyday minimum 300-500 calories , I never do over 1200 calories daily since 2 weeks. .but I just lost 2 pounds. .what's the wrong?? :neutral_face:
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Counting calories and sticking to my calorie goal is working. MFP is a great tool to help me do that.