Women: Sports bra question

Options
I need to invest in some more bras. I'm a 34D and like underwire styles. Any suggestions? I have two Moving Comfort ones, but would like some with the ability to cross the back straps.

Replies

• mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I liked the Moving Comfort Maia bra when I was a 32F--you can't cross the back straps, but I never needed to--they always stayed put. TitleNine.com also has a fantastic sports bra selection--and bra gurus on staff who can point you in the right direction.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    They're selection is limited - were sold out on all colors in my sizes for all the styles I liked. lol
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    The Panache 5150 is good and can convert to the racer back. Not cheap but IMO worth the $$. I wear a 32F and can run and jump and do all the things in it without pain or black eyes :D. I buy them on Amazon most of the time.
  • ecsumaria
    ecsumaria Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is neither underwire nor cross back but if you haven't tried an Enell sports bra, they are amazing! SO durable and I don't bounce one bit! They are pricey but definitely worth it!
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34D as well, I have a couple Victoria's Secret sports bras (I can't tell what style they are cause it's been rubbed off), with under support, that I like to wear. They keep everything "stationary" while I workout (especially while running). I usually wait for them to have a sale before I buy anything from there though.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    ecsumaria wrote: »
    This is neither underwire nor cross back but if you haven't tried an Enell sports bra, they are amazing! SO durable and I don't bounce one bit! They are pricey but definitely worth it!

+1 I <3 my Enell. It's "utilitarian" looking, but ZERO (I mean ZERO) movement. I like that it closes in the front, too.

Another good one, if you really prefer a back closure and underwire with the ability to convert to racer back is this one: http://www.breakoutbras.com/product/Panache-Underwire-Sports-Bra/Sports-Bras

A little pricey, but again, worth every single penny. Read the "What's my Size?" link on the page to get correct measure. It's a UK bra--so no "adding" 4-5 inches to your band size, and take the advice to size down (as per description) if you're "shallow" at the top of your bosom. I'm a measure 32E in Panache, but I wear a 30DD in this style. You can cross the straps, but I usually don't, because they are set a little closer in the back already.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Champion has some great MAX support underwire bras. I get mine at Academy Sports. ususally just black or white but they work great and I am fully supported. I'm a 34D-DD
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I'm a 34D as well, I have a couple Victoria's Secret sports bras (I can't tell what style they are cause it's been rubbed off), with under support, that I like to wear. They keep everything "stationary" while I workout (especially while running). I usually wait for them to have a sale before I buy anything from there though.

If they're that worn, time for new bras.

I have no suggestions since I cannot fathom underwire during working out, sorry.
  • BoxingChick
    BoxingChick Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Enell !
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I second the Victoria's Secret sports bras. I actually really like a lot of their VSX Sportswear. :) I have two of their sports bras - the maximum support front zip Incredible bra. OMG. Best. Bra. Ever. I like them even more than my Moving Comfort bras. They have a concealed underwire that you honestly don't even know is there - you can wear them ALL day. I wear them running and snowmobiling (it took me AGES to find a sports bra that was comfortable enough to wear for 10 hours a day when we go riding, and yet supportive enough to keep the girls in place when the trails are crappy). :smiley:
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have no suggestions since I cannot fathom underwire during working out, sorry.

The words on the inside have worn off (from sweat I assume), not the elastic or anything. they're only a few weeks old and I work out in them pretty much every day.
  • OtekahSunshield
    OtekahSunshield Posts: 42 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Enell bras are fantastic. 42H here, no movement. They're not "pretty" and they are a little on the pricey side, but so worth it.
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Champion has several with underwire. I don't remember about the backs, though. I like them better than the ones I had gotten at Victoria's Secret.
  • eastrehlo
    eastrehlo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I swear by Lululemon's Tata Tamer II. It's not underwire, but zero movement (38DD) even while kickboxing or other "bouncy" cardio movements. Straps can criss-cross.
  • 505n8v
    505n8v Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes to Enell.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I've got a fab Freya underwire that I can wear all day but also creates ZERO bounce when running. Plus they make a good range of sizes, which is awesome because nobody makes my size! (28DD)
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I just invested in some high impact Nike and Champion sports bras. I do a ton of running, jumping, etc. and they keep things where they are supposed to be. If I was doing less impact work I would wear something less impact....because they are a bit uncomfy and restrictive. Not a wear all day around the house type sports bra.
  • shinisize
    shinisize Posts: 105 Member
    Options

Okay, I'm rolling in laughter, every good sweat-wicking bra I have ever owned has lost the labels in the first week or two. Printed on labels don't stick well to most materials, but performance fabrics seem to be a genuine bane for them.

As for a bra suggestion, I am a devout fan of the Panache bra. It isn't a compression bra, so you can breathe well and don't have post-compression boob soreness, but magically the ladies don't wiggle or jiggle one bit while you bounce around
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I just recently bought a moving comfort Mia style and love it. It is an underwire. I tried an Enell bra on when I was very overweight and just trying to get it on and all those hooks on the front had me worn out! I haven't tried one since loosing my weight since no store locally carries them and I would have to go 90 miles near St. Louis to try one on in person one way trip.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I went to herroom.com and found 2 Freya adjustable strap, underwires and one by Berlei that's a running bra a bit lower cut for the summer. I'm making a list of all these for future reference. ;)