Replies

• lms4310
    lms4310 Posts: 21
    Options
    bump
  • ecdce
    ecdce Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I have no input but am following the thread for possible future reference. I have suspicions and am just waiting a few more days to take a test. My husband says if it's positive we're mailing it to the doctor that did his vasectomy :laugh: My big issue would be the potential weight loss-with both my girls I lost close to 30lbs and 20lbs with my son-horrible, horrible morning sickness that lasted pretty much the whole pregnancies. At the time I had the cushion to lose, but now I don't. Hopefully I'm fretting over nothing though-I was really looking forward to sending my youngest to kindergarten this fall :tongue:

Same thing happened to my friend and she didn't have any wiggle room, either, or so she thought. She got pregnant, threw up loads and lost about 10 pounds before confirming she was pregnant. When she lost an additional 10 pounds whilst seeing her doctor, she questioned him about the weight loss and whether she should be worried because she was now 20 pounds lower than her pre-pregnancy weight. Her doctor said everything looked fine and they're really more worried about the mothers who pile on the weight rather than the mothers who lose initial weight. She was concerned because he'd only seen her after she'd lost the first ten pounds (although she did tell him about it), but he didn't think she needed to worry. He even told her it was fine to continue her fairly rigorous exercise schedule for a couple of months.

She really didn't start putting on significant weight until her third trimester and ended up gaining about 30 total, a solid ten of which was a big, fat baby.