Delayed Onset Hunger Syndrome?

Options
Burt_Huttz
Burt_Huttz Posts: 1,612 Member
edited March 2015 in Chit-Chat
Hello Myfitnesspals,

I frequently suffer from DOHS, which is delayed onset hunger syndrome. I find that when I eat some food for dinner, and then I go to bed, I'm frequently hungry the next day.

It's really uncanny and I think it's high time we had an acronym to describe this terrible condition.

There are other delayed-onset symptoms and syndromes that plague me. Certainly delayed onset exhaustion, where I work a full day and then I get home and everything's totally cool until I take my shoes and socks off. Then wham! I get hit with DOES.

With love,
Burt

Replies

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I call it day after muscle nagging.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Couldn't help myself, sorry to distract from this significant scientific discovery.
    https://youtu.be/faRlFsYmkeY
  • Burt_Huttz
    Options
    I call it day after muscle nagging.

That's a good term. I also think damaged internal cellular kinesthetics.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I see what you did there.

Also, delayed onset hunger = DOH!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Homer-Simpson-wingnuts-doh.gif
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Well EXCUSE ME for using the term.

You know, you could have just taken this up with me privately, but you had to drag this out into the public forum so everyone could pick a side and turn this into a gong show. Perhaps you could have set up a private group where you and I could hash out our differences with a neutral, wise, and benevolent third party to guide us.

It's not like I INVENTED the term.

Y CAN'T YOU JUST LET IT GO!??!!?
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I get DOCS a lot. Delayed Onset Celibate Syndrome. It is where I don't have sex during the day or at night and then BOOM! The next day I don't have sex again.

My wife says there is no cure. She never lies to me.

What do I do?
  • Burt_Huttz
    Options

You know, you could have just taken this up with me privately, but you had to drag this out into the public forum so everyone could pick a side and turn this into a gong show. Perhaps you could have set up a private group where you and I could hash out our differences with a neutral, wise, and benevolent third party to guide us.

Not everything is about you, Jennifer!
    I get DOCS a lot. Delayed Onset Celibate Syndrome. It is where I don't have sex during the day or at night and then BOOM! The next day I don't have sex again.

What do I do?

This sounds chronic.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Burt_Huttz wrote: »

Not everything is about you, Jennifer!

I find that hard to believe.

• Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    At least you're not caught up in the NET (Night Eating Terrors). That's a real problem.
  • Burt_Huttz
    Options
    At least you're not caught up in the NET (Night Eating Terrors). That's a real problem.

cold cuts + cold sweats = real terror
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

What do I do?

Have you tried IF?

Intermittent Fornication. Long sexytime fasts followed by 8 hours of intense action.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    My hunger is never delayed. Tell me more.