For Those Who Didn't Lose This Week

Options
Just a place for those of us who didn't lose much - or at all - in our last weigh-in. It's hard to see so much hard work go into losing 3 ounces and sometimes makes you wonder what you're giving up for it. Of course, stay positive, etc. etc. - next one is only around the corner!
Who else got stuck recently??

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I gained 1 lb. But I know it's due to my cycle and whatnot so I don't sweat it lol.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Scale shows me down two-tenths of a pound in, like, 3 weeks. Maybe 4. I didn't bother to record it.

But I'm very near goal, eating at a very small deficit, have wacky hormones, and those weeks included a family visit and a 5-day trip during which I theoretically stayed under on calories but had to guess a lot. So I'm not fretting. I'll get there.
  • Kushy8
    Kushy8 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've been at this for about 2 weeks. The scale has gone both down and up, so my net weight is about where I started. Keeping the faith, though! Maybe it's water or due to the high fiber diet I eat!
    It does feel comforting to know that other people are facing this challenge AND staying strong in the face of it!
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I haven't lost since May 8th. Still hanging in there.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    For me the scale actually went up 4 lbs. I have been doing the squat challenge and an hour on my stationary and a weight lifting routine. The Hubs says it's muscle but I don't want to be a 260+ lb muscly girl :(
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Gained a lb, but it's probably because I added 10 minutes to my weight routine yesterday. Muscles need water to repair so it's probably just that.
  • sferguson65
    sferguson65 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Been stuck since May 31. I have been up and down with this last ten pounds for a long time. But my body is changing so that is what I am focusing on. Good luck...
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options

I'm right there with you - my last loss was May 9th! Up and down one pound or increments of that pound since then!
  • CharitaC
    CharitaC Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck since May 27 when I checked in at 19 lbs lost. I can't figure it out. I'm not doing anything differently than I did when I lost the 19 lbs, but the scale is just not budging (at least downward). I have fluctuated up and down 1.4 lbs but not below 19 lbs since May 27th.

Any suggestions? I've got 23 more pounds to go and I am getting very discouraged. Help!
  • poma91
    poma91 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I've been losing and gaining the same 3-4 lbs for the last 2 months :cry:
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I've been off track since the end of May....maintaining at +/- 3 # from my low weight but still have a long way to go...need to get back on track and be serious again! Very happy a new challenge starts Monday! Keeps me motivated....
  • newloafofbread
    newloafofbread Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've been creeping along the last month or so. I only lost 6 pounds in May and I'm back up 2 pounds from that. Worst part is it's my own fault. :( Running out of steam and trying to dig deep in myself to keep finding motivation.
  • CeirrazFit
    CeirrazFit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For me the scale actually went up 4 lbs. I have been doing the squat challenge and an hour on my stationary and a weight lifting routine. The Hubs says it's muscle but I don't want to be a 260+ lb muscly girl :(

I know it's hard to believe now, but sometimes when you begin to gain muscle you will gain weight and then it will start falling off again. By gaining muscle weight you are triggering your metabolism to work harder so don't give up! You'll get there!!! Also, unless you have 3% body fat, you won't get large muscles. As women, it's very hard to get bulky muscles, but if you're worried about that drop the weight that you are doing and increase the amount of reps/sets. This will allow you to gain muscle, but will encourage long, lean muscles instead of bulky ones. Also, if you keep track of your body fat %, you'll know if that weight gain is really from muscle or not, but beware, when talking about body fat %, the numbers will move SLOW, but even a 2% decrease is HUGE. Good luck in your achievements, I'm sure this is just a little bump in the road!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Did I get stuck, or did I just eat like **** the last 2 weeks?

I'm going with option B.
  • TheDoctorDana
    Options
    Gained a lb, but it's probably because I added 10 minutes to my weight routine yesterday. Muscles need water to repair so it's probably just that.

Thanks for posting this. Maybe this is why I am gaining weight :/
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options

I'm right there with you - my last loss was May 9th! Up and down one pound or increments of that pound since then!

Me three. I started on the weight machines May 10 and am up 1.8 pounds since then. It's really frustrating. I just keep telling myself it will come off eventually.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    0.2 pound loss yesterday...first loss in 3 weeks. Only 4 "vanity" pounds to goal, I think my body is saying it's time for maintenance instead.
  • cranium853
    cranium853 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am learning about the foods that I eat and their impact. For example, if I eat apples I puff like-- um-- an apple, I guess. Retain water like crazy. And I'm learning to watch the sodium, which causes retention. For example, I will eat Subway because it's the most nutritious local fast food but it has soooooo much sodium and it can take days for the body to flush that out. I know I am being healthier, no matter how stuck. And one friend said that it might be time to get the thyroid checked. When I go to the doc and get the "just lose weight" I'm not taking into consideration how the fat makes the organs work harder.
  • TheDoctorDana
    Options

I know it's hard to believe now, but sometimes when you begin to gain muscle you will gain weight and then it will start falling off again. By gaining muscle weight you are triggering your metabolism to work harder so don't give up! You'll get there!!! Also, unless you have 3% body fat, you won't get large muscles. As women, it's very hard to get bulky muscles, but if you're worried about that drop the weight that you are doing and increase the amount of reps/sets. This will allow you to gain muscle, but will encourage long, lean muscles instead of bulky ones. Also, if you keep track of your body fat %, you'll know if that weight gain is really from muscle or not, but beware, when talking about body fat %, the numbers will move SLOW, but even a 2% decrease is HUGE. Good luck in your achievements, I'm sure this is just a little bump in the road!

Thank you so much for this! I have no idea what my body fat percentage is but it has to be a lot. The heaviest I lift is 35lbs. I just started lifting seriously this week. I try not to focus on the scale numbers bc I know it takes 3500 cals to make a pound and I have been faithfully in a deficit for a month. However, it is still frustrating to see it go up instead of down,
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Extra exercise, extra water, extra 2 lbs.....when oh when will it release it and start to go down again. I am close to where I need to be and I know I am thereabouts. I just wish those 2-4lbs would stay off.:ohwell: :smile: