First 9 lbs now stuck

Options
i lost 9 lbs in 12 days on 1300 calories and exercise. Now I'm stuck at the same number for 4 days!

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sorry if this sounds harsh, but 4 days is nothing! Weight loss isn't linear, there will be weeks where you don't lose and weeks when you gain. Patience! Just stick at it :)
  • tuckerval
    tuckerval Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I think I've committed to this lifestyle change of less and better food and more exercise. It was great reinforcement to drop so quickly.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    9 lbs in 4 days - that was water weight. Pretty impossible to lose 9 lbs of fat in 4 days. Keep at it, you'll get there. Don't expect huge results quickly. It's a journey, not a race.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Good to hear :) The weight loss will keep going, but you've got to be prepared for times when you don't lose and fluctuations. Just gotta keep going and follow the general of your weight loss, don't get put off if you don't constantly lose.
  • tuckerval
    Options
    Challenge is heading to France the land of cheese, pastries and... next month. But lots of walking!
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    9 pounds in 12 days with only 17 more to lose? I think you need to adjust your expectations. Like DemoraFairy said, you will have to keep going and be prepared for fluctuations.
  • tuckerval
    Options
    I plan to go for 20 more after! Thanks
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It took me 50 days to lose 9 pounds. If it's truly a life style change then you need to be patient. Use your measurements as data and not motivation, or you're bound to be disappointed.
  • amitkatz0
    amitkatz0 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It took me about 4 months to lose 10 lbs consistently (that is, the average weight between fluctuations now and 4 months ago is -10 lbs.) It's good to get motivated, but your joys will turn to sorrow if you don't tamp expectations.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    tuckerval wrote: »
    Challenge is heading to France the land of cheese, pastries and... next month. But lots of walking!

Balance out the cheese with lots of veggies to fill you up and you'll be fine. Have fun!