Consecutive days?

Options
Hey all,
Long story short, transportation issues are causing me to rearrange my gym schedule. I normally do Tues/thurs/sat (doing SS), but I can't make it to the gym on saturdays.

Should I do tues/thurs/fri and start a new week on monday, or would the lack of recovery time between workouts do more harm than good?

Replies

• foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've had to do that with travelling and it wasnt an issue. Not ideal, but certainly doable.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it isn't something I'd do on a regular basis, but I didn't want to skip a workout.
  • kpw818
    kpw818 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Ryudori wrote: »
    Hey all,
    Long story short, transportation issues are causing me to rearrange my gym schedule. I normally do Tues/thurs/sat (doing SS), but I can't make it to the gym on saturdays.

Should I do tues/thurs/fri and start a new week on monday, or would the lack of recovery time between workouts do more harm than good?

I think it depends on what you are doing at the gym. Consecutive days shouldn't be a problem, especially if you are alternating what you are working. You could do full body Tue, legs Thur, Arms Fri or mixup your muscle group lifts.

I workout Mon-Sat and rest Sunday. I lift on Tuesdays and Thursday (sometimes tossing bodyweight or core work in on Wednesday or Fridays). I never do legs before my long run on Saturday (I do that Tue).

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Since I'm apparently the only one that saw you're doing SS...

How far along in the program are you? i.e. is the weight sufficiently challlenging for you that you need the full day to rest/recover? Also, how long is this schedule likely to go? If only for a couple of weeks, you're probably fine, but long term it may well hurt your progress. Long term + maximal weight and you could run into more substantial problems.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Why not M-W-F?

If you're going to change full-time, and M-W-F is where you're going to end up, just do it the 2x this week.

Also, if this is a one-time deal (or at least rare), then don't worry about it and just go with the 2x that one week.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Ryudori wrote: »
    Hey all,

If Tue/Thu/Fri are the only days you can train, then go train; you're not going to get herpies or anything from training two days in a row. #frequencypolice

The only thing I would say is that you may want to eat a little more on Thu and get an extra stretching session in later in the day.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm only a month into the program. Not far enough that I would need the day in between. Like I said, its just for this week, and then I'm switching to mon/wed/fri.

Thanks for the input. I'm still pretty new to the program and didn't wanna have to take a day off so soon...