Lady Cramps

Options
2»

Replies

• bunnywestley81
    bunnywestley81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I do take a general multivitamin with iron everyday but will look into the calcium and magnesium!

I'm sorry to hear it sucks for all of you ladies too!!

Mostly i just want to curl up in bed and stay there! Cramps aren't too awful today but I'm in a foul mood and very tired even tho i got a good sleep!

Had a lovely long hot bath and used my expensive bath and hair stuff last night and managed to avoid going too feral on food, stirfry veggies and potato and mixed fish/seafood seemed to stop me going mental on pizza...was a MAHUSIVE dinner tho, would have fed 2!! :blush:
  • Lissa_Kaye
    Lissa_Kaye Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I know that this sounds crazy, and not everyone will want to try but raw oysters are absolutely amazing for cramps. Eating them stops you from producing prostaglandins and leukotrienes which cause cramps. I always eat about 100 grams usually at the beginning of cramps and it helps for at least 24 hours to as long as 36. Even for heavy cramping and heavy days. It works better than over the counter pamperin, ibuprofen, hot water bottles, all that. I personally like oysters so I know some may be squeamish to try it. I have tried the smoked ones and they don't do anything. I have shucked them raw myself and bought the fresh jar ones in the seafood section and both work the same. This even worked when I went in and got my paraguard.