Fatigue Constant Hunger Bloating

Options
Heya Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read through this question.

I've been doing Insanity for a month now and am on my way through Week 1 of Month 2. About the second day of Month 2 I started getting headaches when I worked out, feeling hungry ALL of the time and feeling VERY bloated and heavy. I watch what I eat MOST of the time, and I follow the Insanity meal plan.

I'm supposed to be eating about 1900 kcals a day and most days I only top off at 1500-1600. I know that this might account for some of the fatigue, but what about the bloating, and even when I eat something I'm hungry literally 10 minutes later. I don't eat after 8-9 pm and I wake up STARVING.

Any ideas what's going on?? ANY help would be appreciated. :3

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    What are you eating? I can't see your diary so I can't comment on that.

Try to get your calories to the 1900... eat nuts, nut butters, etc to increase cals.
  • veganbabe89
    Options
    Typically it's something like this:

Breakfast: Insanity Pro-Oatmeal- or -Kashi Go Lean Cereal - or - whole Wheat bagel with innards scooped out, whipped cream cheese, smoked salmon-1oz,assorted fruits and veggies
    Snack-Protein Shake with a Banana
    Lunch-Cauliflower crust pizza with mushrooms, onions and tomatoes- or -Veggie Burger with salad - or-3/4 cup of whole wheat pasta with 1/2 cup spinach and 1/4 cup of feta cheese, assorted fruits and veggies
    Snack-Ezekiel bread with peanut butter- or -Tuna stuffed tomato- or-Protein bar- or-Protein Shake
    Dinner: Most of the time I skip dinner, but lately I've been having either two eggs with tomatoes and onions- or-2 oz of tuna with 1 tbsp. low sodium teriyaki sauce over 1/2 cup quiona and assorted veggies.

*** All of these recipes are from the Insanity Meal Guide. If I'm hungry during the day i'll grap some carrots and hummus, or a handful of blueberries.
  • TriFinders
    TriFinders Posts: 53
    Options
    Heya Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read through this question.

I've been doing Insanity for a month now and am on my way through Week 1 of Month 2. About the second day of Month 2 I started getting headaches when I worked out, feeling hungry ALL of the time and feeling VERY bloated and heavy. I watch what I eat MOST of the time, and I follow the Insanity meal plan.

I'm supposed to be eating about 1900 kcals a day and most days I only top off at 1500-1600. I know that this might account for some of the fatigue, but what about the bloating, and even when I eat something I'm hungry literally 10 minutes later. I don't eat after 8-9 pm and I wake up STARVING.

Any ideas what's going on?? ANY help would be appreciated. :3

Hi there
    silly question but is it hunger pains that get quite gurgly and painful. I had this a few months ago and found dieting hard cus i always felt painfully hungry. I went to see my GP and he gave me Omneprazole, to switch off stomach acids. The hunger pains are sometimes symptoms of a peptic ulcer, caused by an over production of stomach acids, which could be caused by an increase in calories!
    It took a 28 day course to stop it, but now i'm fine. Just an idea?
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Typically it's something like this:

Breakfast: Insanity Pro-Oatmeal- or -Kashi Go Lean Cereal - or - whole Wheat bagel with innards scooped out, whipped cream cheese, smoked salmon-1oz,assorted fruits and veggies
    Snack-Protein Shake with a Banana
    Lunch-Cauliflower crust pizza with mushrooms, onions and tomatoes- or -Veggie Burger with salad - or-3/4 cup of whole wheat pasta with 1/2 cup spinach and 1/4 cup of feta cheese, assorted fruits and veggies
    Snack-Ezekiel bread with peanut butter- or -Tuna stuffed tomato- or-Protein bar- or-Protein Shake
    Dinner: Most of the time I skip dinner, but lately I've been having either two eggs with tomatoes and onions- or-2 oz of tuna with 1 tbsp. low sodium teriyaki sauce over 1/2 cup quiona and assorted veggies.

*** All of these recipes are from the Insanity Meal Guide. If I'm hungry during the day i'll grap some carrots and hummus, or a handful of blueberries.

The bloating is probably from sodium. Do you track your sodium?

Smoked salmon, packaged veggie burgers, hummus, etc. can all have high sodium levels.
  • veganbabe89
    Options
    My fitness pal tracks my sodium. I can remember one or two days where it was a little above by 100 points or so. But It doesn't happen often. Thank you though!