So I have a confession

Options
Angelfire365
Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
Around five or six years ago, my cousin was given a large bag of second hand clothes from a friend of hers. She passed it onto me, and while I got rid of most of them (I don't do puffy vests) I hung onto a pair of jeans. Don't ask me why. They wouldn't even pull up over my thighs, and they weren't exactly skinny jeans. Size 18 Maker Of True Originals. But, they were sexy, and I kept telling myself one day. Those stupid jeans sat stuffed in the back of my closet. I didn't tell anyone except my trainer because I was embarrassed as hell, but couldn't get rid of them. I'd try them on from time to time, when I was alone in the house. Sometimes they motivated me, sometimes they depressed me, but mostly they never changed. And neither did I. Late last year, after eight or so months of honestly trying to do this, I tried them on again. I could get them done up!! I couldn't move, but it was soooo close!

I discovered that MFP had a forum and began reading it in the new year. Learned soooo much! Dusted off my scale, bought a second-hand fitbit, logged almost faithfully, and really got into the CICO. It made so much sense! I love you guys!! I saw enough of a difference to get brave enough to try the stupid sexy jeans on again.

Aaaand they're a little baggy in the caboose. I'm totally wearing them right now. :smiley:

Replies

• jhall260
    jhall260 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That has to feel great.
  • kim678
    kim678 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Alassonde
    Alassonde Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful! Good for you!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Really great NSV. Keep up the good work!!
  • emily889
    emily889 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yay for a baggy caboose!
  • kailibertsch
    kailibertsch Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    What a great story! Good job!
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    :)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I have about 24 pairs of denim jeans in my closet on a shelf. Can only wear 3 pair. I have been doing well losing weight lately. Pulled the pile out over the weekend and went through them.
    3 pair are still too tight. Can't even button them up.
    7 pair are tight but I can button them. 5 more lbs and they will be comfortable.
    The rest of the jeans were comfortable or loose.

Bonus. Pulled out a leather shirt that my wife bought me two years ago and I couldn't button. Fits great now.
  • tiona83
    tiona83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel!! I never told anyone about my "skinny" pants that I had stashed in the back of my closet either. Congratulations!!
  • peaceandcarrots
    peaceandcarrots Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good job!! :)
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I totally love NSV moments... Good for you!!! Great work! ;)
  • sirion2
    sirion2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • GM205
    GM205 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Well done you!!
  • lad323
    lad323 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That's great.
  • Bj0223
    Bj0223 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling! Congrats!
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Good job! I did the same thing, except it was a saved pair of jeans from college. It was my favorite pair that was soft and fits so well at the time. Well, I hit my target weight in January but did not try those jeans on until a few weeks ago ... and they were too baggy! I am now a size smaller than college.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I'll admit, i have a pair of pants i got 10, 15? years ago because i soo loved the embroidery, problem is, the only pair left was size 36 (european). back then i was a 40. i have never, to this day, been able to fit into them. actually never tried until i found them again after moving.
    So that is my project for the summer.... If i don't manage it this year, I'll have to frame the effin embroidery and find something more attainable :-p
  • healthy_life2015
    healthy_life2015 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Heck yes!!!! Amazing! SO glad you hung onto them :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!