Protein powder

Options
Hi,

Has anyone tried this protein powder before? I mix mine with almond milk, half an avocado and froze berries. Still a bit chalky. The hfs suggested i only use 1/2 scoop a day. Any other protein powder others like? Txq48quj0ll9v8.jpg

Replies

• mildollarsmile
    mildollarsmile Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Never heard of that one...I am a huge fan of Isopure! It is the best and doesn't have that chalky taste. I like the beachbody shakeology but they are way too expensive. Pure protein is another good one as well.
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I love isopure, too, it's delicious and reasonable in calories. I'm going to try quest protein next time though, because I love their products.
  • eva_letsdance
    eva_letsdance Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Thank u! I will try iso pure.
  • baileyh_
    baileyh_ Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love Shakeology myself. Yeah, it's expensive, but your health is well worth the investment. 99% of protein powders are loaded with chemicals and preservatives and dyes. Shakeology is natural, so it makes me feel a bit better. :)
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I've tried progressives brown rice protein powder and it was extremely grainy in shakes, so I just ended up mixing it in when I had oats occassionally.
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend EAS Lean. 15g of protein for 2 scoops and only 100 cal. It comes in chocolate and vanilla Creme but the vanilla Creme is by far the standout. I mix mine with 16 oz of unsweetened cashew milk by silk (a whopping 50 cal, yes you read that right. Only 50 cal for 2 cups) and I can have a filling, great tasting, effective protein shake for 150 cal. I bought mine at Walmart and it was $20.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    baileyh_ wrote: »
    I love Shakeology myself. Yeah, it's expensive, but your health is well worth the investment. 99% of protein powders are loaded with chemicals and preservatives and dyes. Shakeology is natural, so it makes me feel a bit better. :)

Yeeeaaahhh right.... :noway:

• baileyh_
    baileyh_ Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    http://rippedclub.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/shakeology-ingredients.pdf

I'm just gonna leave this here.
    Have your opinions about a product, but don't try to deny that its ingredients are natural, not chemical. :)
  • krzf
    krzf Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm trying fitmiss delight...the taste is good and is low in calories.
  • carrieannetrip
    carrieannetrip Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Vega one is amazing. .. i mix mine with almond milk & frozen strawberries. It almost fools you into thinking it's a treat... lol
  • SammiW22
    SammiW22 Posts: 1
    Options
    Right now I like Isofemme myself, comes in chocolate and vanilla and doesn't taste chalky no matter how I mix it! Not a bad price either :)
  • facat820
    facat820 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    cicamica77 wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone tried this protein powder before? I mix mine with almond milk, half an avocado and froze berries. Still a bit chalky. The hfs suggested i only use 1/2 scoop a day. Any other protein powder others like? Txq48quj0ll9v8.jpg
    On gold standard is low in calories and carbohydrates but high in protein and comes in amazing flavors.
  • eva_letsdance
    eva_letsdance Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great suggestions. Love this site.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

I laughed...thanks
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    http://rippedclub.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/shakeology-ingredients.pdf

I'm just gonna leave this here.
    Have your opinions about a product, but don't try to deny that its ingredients are natural, not chemical. :)

Except that even water is a chemical... you know...hydrogen and oxygen. Everything you consume is a chemical, unless you eat nothing.

Good try though.

• PrimroseFlower
    PrimroseFlower Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Id rather just eat eggs.....
  • amphilion
    amphilion Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Vega one is really good!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm using EAS Complete Protein now. Not out of this world flavor or texture, but it serves the purpose of cramming in 25g more of protein a day so I can get to my 90g goal.
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Really in love with Naturade Vegan Smart All-in-One. It tastes great, isn't chalky, includes an array of vitamins and minerals along with the 20grams protein and 6 grams of fiber. It's actually the first protein shake I don't have to brace myself to chug when mixed just with almond milk. It might be a little higher on calories (and a little on fat) than many other shakes - but this isn't a problem for me at the moment.