I work alot, get hungry and angry, what to eat to lose some wait

Options
What do I need to eat that's healthy and keeps me on my calorie plan but also fills me up?

Replies

• CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    fruits, vegetables, oatmeal, pretty much anything low calorie and high fiber, also protein keeps you feeling fuller longer and is good for you as well.
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    If we were able to find that perfect combination of low-calorie, filling, healthy, delicious food, this website wouldn't exist, haha. Spinach is super low on calories and you could fill your stomach with it but it wouldn't be satisfying by itself. If you have no idea, I'd find a combined exercise and diet plan. I'm doing the 21 Day Fix but don't rely on the containers to give me an accurate calorie count. BeachBody has a bunch of other programs for different goals.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Whole foods keep more of their nutritional value than processed ones. Whole fruit vs. fruit juice. Whole wheat bread vs. white bread. Read labels.

So - fruits, veggies, oatmeal (whole grains in general) mentioned above are good. Lean meats and lean dairy (if you need to watch saturated fats) have lots of protein. Other protein sources are beans and lentils (especially if you are vegetarian). Olive oil, avocado, nuts, nut butters have lots of healthy fats.

I can eat lots of fat free (or low fat) protein.....that's not filling to me. For other people that works. You will need to experiment to find what works for you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    fruits, vegetables, oatmeal, pretty much anything low calorie and high fiber, also protein keeps you feeling fuller longer and is good for you as well.

Neither fruit not porridge keep my full.

A moderate deficit, and getting enough fat and protein in your diet will help.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    derekselph wrote: »
    What do I need to eat that's healthy and keeps me on my calorie plan but also fills me up?

I agree with above posters. Protein and fiber are slow to digest and help you feel full longer. Fat is also very satiating for me. It's higher calorie so I have to be careful not to eat too much, but a fat free meal never seems to satisfy me.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Here's my snack list.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jgnatca/view/mid-day-snacks-722504
    They can be taken to work to fill you up when you get hungry.

Losing wait:
    image.axd?picture=2012%2F10%2FiStock_000011031649Medium.jpg

Losing weight:
    weightlifter-drop.jpg?file=media%2Fcontent%2F_master%2F44562%2Fimages%2Fweightlifter-drop.jpg&width=450

• CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options

Neither fruit not porridge keep my full.

A moderate deficit, and getting enough fat and protein in your diet will help.

They work for me *shrug* I eat 2 packs of oatmeal for a late breakfast some days, sometimes just 1 pack and a banana, and often don't get noticeably hungry until almost dinnertime when I do that. There's a large variety of options, everyone has to find their own sweet spot with foods they enjoy and that work for them :)
  • rangertrav
    rangertrav Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to loose weight i would definitely not eat fruits every day let alone a few times a day. While frute is very healthy it is not a friend to those of us trying to loose weight.

Fruit all fruits are high sugars which gets concerted directly to fat if yoh do not bur. On the energy ie work in an office.

Your snaks should be nuts or beef jerky. I personally love almond butter.

Also be less concerned with ccalories and more concernd with macros.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    rangertrav wrote: »
    If you are trying to loose weight i would definitely not eat fruits every day let alone a few times a day. While frute is very healthy it is not a friend to those of us trying to loose weight.

Fruit all fruits are high sugars which gets concerted directly to fat if yoh do not bur. On the energy ie work in an office.

Um....no

I eat a couple servings of fruit everyday.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,230 Member
    Options

Individual food recommendations will likely not be that helpful if people cannot see your food diary as the problem may have more to do with the overall make up of what you are eating more than anything. Open your diary.
  • derekselph
    Options

Individual food recommendations will likely not be that helpful if people cannot see your food diary as the problem may have more to do with the overall make up of what you are eating more than anything. Open your diary.

I just opened my diary