How to check how much weight you should be by the end of the week!?

Options
2»

Replies

• KatieMusselwhite92113
    Options
    Im new back on this now so i could totally be mistaken but its one of the things that i remember fro being in it a year ago.. It used to motivate me into wantin to do more! Just updating my goals and stuff dont tell me that.. Whats the 5 week progress tell you?

After you complete your daily food diary, it says "If everyday were like today, you'd weight xyz in 5 weeks". It just gives you an estimate based on your calories for that day.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    ermmm I think you are looking at it in rather a strange way. Its not hard to make projections, but whether they will be accurate depends on a lot of ifs and but.

All you need to know is that for every 3500 calories per week or 500 calories per day of deficit then you would in theory lose 1lb in weight loss. All the projection would do is multiply your weekly deficit by 5.

The projection cant take into account how accurately you log, whether you weigh your food, whether your burns are overestimates or if you injure yourself. The danger is that you give too much credence to a stupid projection.

A better way to look at it imo is to see whether you are losing at a healthy and realistic rate. thats normally 1-2lb a week, but MFP also uses the idea of that tapering down the closer you get to target. Weight loss is not linear so if you were getting it more or less in line with the deficits that you were posting, then you should be satisfied with that.
  • natashadegrace
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the help and by the sounds of it, it is the 5 week progression!! But still it doesnt come up when completing my entries.. Strange, oh well!
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Where is that place haha? Or am i loosing my mind... Not very firmiliar with this anymore, been off it for so long

Is it possible you were on livestrong.com? I think they offer that option. I do know what you're talking about though.
  • davesgalforever
    davesgalforever Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    If you aren't eating over 1200 calories a day it doesn't predict the 5 week weight loss when you complete your diary.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    "If every day were like today, in five weeks you will have lost X pounds."

X is today's deficit divided by 100.