Brussel Sprouts

Options
13»

Replies

• fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    like everyone said roasted with olive oil salt pepper and garlic... i let some of the leaves get pretty burnt (crispy) yummm.. or roasted with with bacon. mmm
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,308 Member
    Options
    Oh! Here's the thread I was looking for! I made great Brussels sprouts yesterday.

Halve and clean sprouts, place them in a oiled baking dish, drizzle with agave, olive oil, pepper, salt & dried parsley flakes. Bake for 30 min @ 425. YUM!!
  • MireyLuna
    Options
    I get about a pound of brussel sprouts and cut off the ends. Put about a tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and, when the oil is hot, add the brossel sprouts in, flat side down. Lower the heat and let the greens cook for about 15 minutes (or until the bottom are browned nicely and the blub is a bright green). Then I add low sodium chicken or vegetable stock (about a cup) and salt and pepper to taste. Then cover the skillet and keep the heat low for about 15-20 minutes.

The end result are softer brussel sprout that have absorbed most of the stock (you can toss whatever isn't absorbed). I usually eat this with some grain (quinoa or brown rice) and roasted sweet potatoes. Buen provecho! :smile:
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Balsamic and olive oil salt and pepper and bacon roasted in oven for 20 min at 400 degrees. Squeeze a lemon over the Brussel sprouts when you're done roasting.