OMG !!! Why am I craving chocolate SO MUCH ?!!

Options
...everything is in the title !
But please no judging :wink:
After loosing more than 25lbs since last march (2014), in the past month or so I've been craving chocolate like C-R-A-Z-Y !
I even make special trip to the store because of it and I have to say, I'm feeling ashamed of it sometimes ... It's like my body is really in NEED of it...
Why is that. I consider eating fairly ok... I indulge sometimes (apart from the chocolate)...
Can any of relate ?
Do you have any advice to give me in order to counter this ... I'm afraid it will compromise all my hard work.
Thanks

Replies

• hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    ...eat chocolate.

The end.
  • tami_
    tami_ Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Do you like dark chocolate? I sometimes treat myself to a couple of pieces as long as it fits within my goals.
  • sirion2
    sirion2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have begun eating a Dove dark chocolate promise square when I crave chocolate. I don't bite it, just place it in my mouth and let it melt over a few minutes. It helps me reduce my candy cravings so much and only has 43 calories or so.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I guess if you're going to have chocolate and it doesn't fit into your calorie limit keep the portions small and only purchase dark chocolate because it is healthier.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Because chocolate is good...

I actually eat some dark chocolate almost every day...it's very good for you and very satisfying.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Mmmm dark chocolate slowly melting on the centre of your tongue

OP. Are you craving because you're denying yourself? Fit it into your calories and go for it
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Buy some high quality dark chocolate (smallest bar you can find). Break off a small piece and stick the rest in the freezer.

Unless you are willing to give up chocolate forever, you will need to deal with it sooner or later. Dark chocolate gives me more chocolate flavor (and less sugar). I'm way less likely to binge on dark chocolate.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Eat chocolate if you are craving it (moderation). Restrictive diets don't usually yield long-term success.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I crave it because it tastes good, and I work it into my calories just about every day. There is nothing wrong with chocolate. Eat it if you want it.
  • adcini
    adcini Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I can totally sympathize with you! I've got some crazy chocolate cravings of my own!

Usually, I make certain that I have healthier and less healthy chocolate options available to me. Healthier options may include things like high fibre brownies, dark chocolate or low fat chocolate pudding cups. Less healthy options are a good milk chocolate, or sometimes I have some Smarties or M&Ms, because the small size makes it easier to portion and savour them. No need to binge, just make room for it as a treat, and enjoy it!

As much as I enjoy dark chocolate, sometimes you need the real thing!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    sirion2 wrote: »
    I have begun eating a Dove dark chocolate promise square when I crave chocolate. I don't bite it, just place it in my mouth and let it melt over a few minutes. It helps me reduce my candy cravings so much and only has 43 calories or so.
    Have you ever done that and had the phone ring mid-melt? The necessary quick swallow is very anger-inducing!
  • patelgay
    patelgay Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the same problem! Every day craving Chocolate!!!! Because its sooo goood! It could be that your body is actually craving sugar?
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    readily available 'dark' chocolate isn't really that good for you. In fact, studies have shown that the 'dark' chocolate that most people eat isn't any better for you than the milk.

It's an oft repeated myth that it's better when you're not eating the correct kind.

You need to go with a higher cacao count, and less sugar, and almost all of the bagged chocolates and super mass produced ones simply have too much sugar.

Google will show you the studies.

*I don't like dark at all, I'd rather eat milk chocolate anyway*

And if you want it, fit it in to you calorie allottment!!
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Because: tastes good, that's why.
  • echoslug
    echoslug Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    readily available 'dark' chocolate isn't really that good for you. In fact, studies have shown that the 'dark' chocolate that most people eat isn't any better for you than the milk.

It's an oft repeated myth that it's better when you're not eating the correct kind.

You need to go with a higher cacao count, and less sugar, and almost all of the bagged chocolates and super mass produced ones simply have too much sugar.

The science shows you need to be eating 85% and darker if you want actual numbers for that recommendation.

Sadly most of the chocolate sold as dark or semi-sweet is only about 40-65%.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Mmmm dark chocolate slowly melting on the centre of your tongue

OP. Are you craving because you're denying yourself? Fit it into your calories and go for it
    This. Most people crave what they've cut out.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    thejocool wrote: »
    Do you have any advice to give me in order to counter this ... I'm afraid it will compromise all my hard work.
    Thanks

It won't. Just eat the chocolate and fit it into your calories. Enjoy :flowerforyou:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    echoslug wrote: »

The science shows you need to be eating 85% and darker if you want actual numbers for that recommendation.

Sadly most of the chocolate sold as dark or semi-sweet is only about 40-65%.

Ooo chocolate science, please share the study

72% and above is readily available in the UK

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    All I can think of right now is John Belushi's "Little Chocolate Donut" skit.
    Eat the chocolate - it gives you the energy you need to workout.