How do you get back on the wagon?

Options
2»

Replies

• flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Burn the proverbial wagon. The wagon doesn't exist.

So you went on vacation. Slips happen when you're having fun and relaxing. Come back and strike when the iron's hot: just do it. Don't wait for a "day" or the beginning of the week. Just resolve to get back into it like nothing less ideal had happened in the first place.

Don't let it derail you forever.
  • katieshkins
    Options
    I'm also struggling. I went about 120 days straight... lost about 15lbs, then maintained, then gained most of it back despite keeping track. A year later I quit again after trying to get back on the ball and seeing no results. I just couldn't deal with my life for a while, let alone what I'm eating and doing. I'm back now after a month and have switched to a brand new gym I already belong to that just opened up a branch close to me. I'm really going to keep at it, I have just lost all hope of success. My overall goal is small (20lbs), but it's such a challenge. My doctor did all my tests again and said nothing is wrong, so I am hoping tracking + gym + cognitive therapy will do the trick because I hate being stuck at my highest weight. And the clothes! Don't get me started! Can't fit into anything, can't afford new clothes, and my bras are awful because I gained another cup size! I think it's a major contributor to my back problems! It needs to go away and stay away!
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Just keep trying. It will stick eventually. One step, one meal, one day at a time. If you can get through a day, the next will be easier. You can do it.