Need some more MFP friends to kick my butt!

Options
Hi - I'm Melissa. I just turned 35 this week. I'm married, 4 kids (10 yr old twins, 8, and 10 months), full time job and LOTS of kids' activities to run to every evening. I started my weight loss journey and MFP in February at 252 lbs. I thought I was doing great - I'm eating better, working out 5+ days a week, running a C25K program, doing cardio, and lifting, and my clothes are starting to fit so much better. But I realized this morning that while 20ish pounds is a great loss, it's been 4 months and I really wanted to be down more than that by now. I know that part of it is muscle gain because I've lost over 17 inches as of 2 weeks ago, but I can feel myself starting to slide... "one chocolate won't hurt"... "a snack before bedtime is fine because I have calories left for the day"... yada yada yada.

So basically, I need some more friends on MFP to encourage me when I'm doing well, and to kick my *kitten* when I'm not doing so great. I'm fun, sarcastic, and totally upfront and straight forward, so if you are like minded, send me a friend request. Thanks!!

Replies

• sferguson65
    sferguson65 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I won't kick your butt. lol But I will support you. You can add me if you like.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    "I need some more friends on MFP to encourage me when I'm doing well, and to kick my *kitten* when I'm not doing so great."

^^^ Well said! I need the same...sending you a request!! And I'm definitely like-minded! lol :-)
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for friends who will KICK MY BUTT. I respond better to no-non-sense slap-in-the-face style of motivational talk to exercise, and I will do vice versa :)
  • MrsDanner78
    MrsDanner78 Posts: 107
    Options
    Anyone else? C'mon, guys and gals, I need some serious butt kicking here!!
  • ShaJustSha
    ShaJustSha Posts: 10
    Options
    Let the butt kicking commence! :blushing:
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    If you won't be embarrased by having your butt kicked by an old man who has 2 artificial hips and an aritificial knee who still kicks *kitten* in the gym, but also will be happy to tell you "well done" when you deserve it, send me a friend request.