Inside Thighs

p1nkpr1ncess
p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi everyone,

I have developed quite muscular legs since starting working out became a big part of my life (and I like this! Lol) but the very tops of my inner thigh don't seem to change much. I use the hip adductor at the gym and although the muscle is building there is still fat covering them.

I read somewhere in a magazine that to tone this area you need to do glute exercises as it will "pull it all in together" but I can't find the mag to see what they recommend so I wondered if anyone on here could help me out with some exercises?
-x-x-

Replies

• snorker88
    snorker88 Posts: 179 Member
    I'll be interested to hear any suggestions for this too :smile:
  • tessabelle
    tessabelle Posts: 1 Member
    I also struggle with fat in this area and my OH (fitness freak) has told me the only way to get rid of the fat is to do fat burning exercise (this may not be gospel). So staying within the fat burning level when doing CV. Unfortunately for me, I seem to burn fat everywhere except here!!
  • Gehenna
    Gehenna Posts: 3
    I use a stepper everyday to exercise and it works on all parts of my legs.
  • jodi_bannister
    jodi_bannister Posts: 90 Member
    I also struggle with fat in this area and my OH (fitness freak) has told me the only way to get rid of the fat is to do fat burning exercise (this may not be gospel). So staying within the fat burning level when doing CV. Unfortunately for me, I seem to burn fat everywhere except here!!

This is what I have heard as well, unfortunately. :grumble: I have trouble with my inner thighs and lower tummy. Just keep doing the cardio.
  • slcbrus
    slcbrus Posts: 79
    Yep, I agree with the ladies who mentioned cardio. You need to burn fat all over and eventually that area will get better. I've also heard it's one of the most troublesome areas for most women, me included, and it is one of those spots on the body that sheds fat the last, like lower tummy, upper arms and upper back... Just the spots where I need to loose big time!!!

We'd better keep on moving ladies :flowerforyou:
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Squats to the side and regular squats, lunges. There are a ton of various exercises you can do to target your thighs.

Get a bench in the free weight area and step up sideways on to it, bring the next leg up, and side step down on the other side. Keep going back n forth on it. As you get better you can add some weights to it.

Grab the step aerobics platform and step up on it and lift/kick up straight back so you feel it in your glutes and upper thigh. Again, as you get better you can add weight to the routine.

And to add on to what the other ladies said, yeah you gotta lose body fat to really tone. But! Don't be upset about having fat in your legs, it's the fat around the tummy that's associated with all the bad stuff like diabetes! Plus, different people carry weight in different ways. Like I know I will NEVER not have my thighs touch no matter how hard I try, unless I become a skeleton, and that's just not right.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    You could try lying on you side and doing leg lifts with a light weight balanced on your hip. This targets that area.
  • nsking83
    nsking83 Posts: 145
    I used to do a strength class in my old hometown, and we did like an inverted leg lift.............it's kind of awkward, but you definitely feel it.

Start on your right side, legs out and stacked on top of each other (like a normal leg lift position). Take your left leg and cross it over your right to where your foot is flat on the ground (this also stretches that hip!). Then, take your right leg and lift. You won't get very high, but the whole point is controlling it. Do 3 sets of 10 on each leg.

Sorry if that doesn't make sense to anyone................I'm not very good at giving direction!! :laugh: Let me know what you think.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    To lose the fat you just gotta lose the fat. The bod removes it from where it wants to remove it, and for lots'a gals that's the last place. Sorry,,,
This discussion has been closed.