Maintenance Transition Mind Games

I originally posted this in the maintenance forum, but thought I might get some helpful answers here too.

I thought it was going to be so easy to eat 1520 (AKA the maintenance for my goal weight), but I see that number and get terrified because I haven't regularly eaten that much in a long, long time. I'm comfortable hovering around my 1300-1400 gross (900-1100 net) even though I know that's completely wrong and not what I should be eating anymore. Has anyone else had this issue? I don't know how to accept the fact that I really can eat up to 2,000 on my heavy exercise days. Of course, I had no problem eating this much when I was overweight...

Stats:
5'2"
20 years old
SW: 155
CW: 117
Goal Range: 110-115

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Sneak it up slowly, 100 more calories/day each week, until you hit the right amount?
  • Jubee13
    Jubee13 Posts: 132 Member
    I am right where you are! I reached my goal last week, and upped my calories 100 per day (to 1,300). It took me a few days to eat those extra calories, but I pushed myself to do it because I know I can't go through the rest of my life eating 1,200 calories! It got easier after a few days, and I am planning to up it another 100 starting next week.
    PS I'm small as well - 5'3", 113 pounds.