Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Increasing Calories from 1200

I'm 28, 5'1" and currently 174 lbs. I've lost a total of 16 lbs eating 1200 calories a day plus about 1/2 of my exercise calories (cardio and strength 3-5x/week). I've found in the past few weeks I've been more irritable and have been getting headaches often. I've read a lot about how 1200 calories is just not enough for many people so decided to change my goal to 1 lb. a week loss instead of 2 lb. I now have about 1500 calories a day but am concerned I might start gaining again. Any women with similar stats have success eating this much? Any feedback appreciated.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    You may see a slight temporary increase from more food/carbs but it would be impossible to gain any actual weight on 1500 calories.
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Similar stats here! I'm a little further and MFP bumped me down to 1450kcal/day. 1500 is where it's at fo sho. Welcome to the 1500 club!
  • AdrianBry
    AdrianBry Posts: 138 Member
    1. your irritability can be due to the amount of carbs or types of foods you're eating more so than amount of cals.

2. as far as gaining weight back - worst case the extra 300 cals will not cause a dramatic gain. Simply increasing your exercise time and/or intensity to balance things out