63 lbs lost and I've kept it off for over 2 years!

leximarie3
leximarie3 Posts: 34 Member
edited March 2015 in Success Stories
I spent my 20's having children and being over weight. I have 4 children, ages 11,8,7 and 3. I struggled a lot with my self esteem. I was always thin growing up. When I got pregnant at 19 with my oldest, I had gained 53 Ibs by the time I had her! I lost most of the weight and gained some back, then became pregnant with my second child and gained it ALL back. So went my 20's, yo-yoing up and down with my weight through all my pregnancies, and then just giving up. When my youngest turned a year old I decided to do something about it! I was ready to take control of my body! When I first began my journey, my wedding was 3 1/2 months away...I downloaded the myfitnesspal app and started eating healthy and working out regularly. I lost 40lbs+ by my wedding and kept going after that! Now I'm down 63lbs and have kept it off for over 2 years. I'm 31 years old, 5'2 and 110lbs. I am in the best shape of my life! If I can do it, anyone can! All it takes is dedication and the will to want to be a healthier you :) Here is a photo of me now and me at the beginning of my journey, and a photo of a much happier me. I continue to use this app as a tool to keep myself accountable and make healthy food choices. I continue to work out on a regular basis. I am so proud of where I'm at, and I enjoy working hard everyday to stay here.lm056focz2t0.jpg
cyj23f1aph6s.jpg

Replies

• annas987
    annas987 Posts: 301 Member
    Amazing! You look incredible!
  • leximarie3
    edited March 2015
    :) Thank you!
  • khalinel
    khalinel Posts: 27
    Awesome job! and keeping it off for 2 years, inspirational, Thanks for sharing
  • leximarie3
    Thank you! I just discovered the success stories on here, I love reading them! I thought I would share mine ;)
  • aksteve777
    aksteve777 Posts: 184 Member
    so very impressed!
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    That is awesome! Love seeing your transformation and that you've been able to maintain it for so long!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    B)cheering_minions.gif

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Impressive!!!
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    AMAZING!!! You look fantastic!
  • nsides0427
    nsides0427 Posts: 56 Member
    You look fantastic! And so happy, good for you girl! Very inspiring
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Amazing job! Congrats on two years maintenance, that is the truly inspiring part!
  • leximarie3
    Thank you everyone!
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    Amazing!
  • shabazhussain522
    shabazhussain522 Posts: 16 Member
    Looking brilliant!
  • JKimm1
    JKimm1 Posts: 12 Member
    May I ask what your work out is? And seriously, you look amazing! Congrats!
  • leximarie3
    JKimm1 wrote: »
    May I ask what your work out is? And seriously, you look amazing! Congrats!

Thank you! I am doing the PiYo program now with Chalene Johnson by BeachBody, but when I first started out I was doing hip-hop abs. I do basic random stuff at home all the time (crunches, push-ups, squats, lunges etc.) and I do a lot of walking, hiking and chasing my kids around at the park ;) I am loving the PiYo. Great core/strength/stretch workouts. Feels so good!
  • taraaaxo
    taraaaxo Posts: 12
    woww, you look incredible
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Excellent-way to go!! :) Very inspiring-thanks for sharing (*)
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Beautiful!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    daaayyum, those abs! you go girl! <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!