Question for the Ladies

Options
Ladies, Aunt Flo is currently a week late. I'm not sure if I could be expecting or not - my first pregnancy test a few days ago came back negative and I'm planning to wait until I'm 1 1/2 - 2 weeks late to test again.

In the meantime, is it okay for me to continue eating at a deficit, or should I go up to maintenance?

Replies

• knt217
    knt217 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I don't know the official answer to this, but personally, I would keep doing what I was already doing until I knew for sure, and then I'd reevaluate if I were pregnant. At the very earliest stage, a baby doesn't require much at all in the terms of calories. Even at full term, you really only need about an extra 300 a day. Good luck!
  • mitchell_212
    mitchell_212 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    anything that the baby would require it will just take from you anyway.. if it were me and i was pretty sure i was pregnant, id start eating more now, and make sure i was on folic acid... you dont have to go silly on the eating, just have slightly larger portion sizes of the good stuff to give you the extra energy :)
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    congrats if you are pregnant if its the direction you wish to go :-) I never dieted when I was pregnant with any of my boys. Just eat what is healthy, take the prenatal vitamins, and enjoy the ride!
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    Thanks ladies!

I'm just 50/50 sure on it. I've never been this late before, but I was on vacation last week, so there's a chance I could be late due to the flight, excess leisurely walking (8-12 hours daily), eating more... Usually vacation brings on AF for me though... In other words, I'm trying to be cautious in case, but am not sure that I actually am.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine

But personally a week late? I'd test now