45 pound weight loss of a 5'0 19 year old! Pics Included

Options
In October of 2014 I was around 160 pounds. Being barely 5 foot (4'11 3/4) this was putting me in class 1 obesity with a BMI around 31. I was sad every time I saw myself naked. I felt the need to layer everything, even in 90 degree weather so no one could see how large I was (as if that was going to fool anyone. Enough was enough. I got myself a gym membership and started going 5 days a week. I cut back my calories to 1200 a day, and changed my eating habits dramatically. Fast food and soda was completely taken out of my diet. It was replaced with water, white meats, fruits and veggies. Red meats, proccessed foods, and any beverage beside water became a rarity that I made sure I didn't make a habit. Junk food no longer existed. No, none of this was easy. It was a constant battle pshyically and emotionally. It was hard. I had to fight for it, very, very hard. I set a goal for myself in October, one that was a total dream goal that I would love to be "one day". I was aiming for 130 at the time thinking even that would be almost impossible. 30 pounds later I reached 130 and thought to myself, I did this, I can lose that last 15. I did just that. Today on March 24th I am pleased to announce I reached that "impossible" goal of 115 pounds. My BMI is now at a completely normal weight, 22. I went from 31, class 1 obesity to a 22. There is still fat on my body, I have a chubby stomach, and stretch marks galore but I have NEVER in my life been more proud of myself. I love my body. I love myself. I love life again. When you do good for your body you body does good for you, it really does. WBYwUaq.jpg

Replies

• kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Way to go ! Congrats and you should be very proud of yourself.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    nice work!
  • nina906
    nina906 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow good job girl!! Congrats :)
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You should be proud.
  • lynten
    lynten Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are a very strong and committed woman. I should be like you
  • sydneyannewyma
    sydneyannewyma Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • leximarie3
    leximarie3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! You look fabulous! :)
  • rwcw89
    rwcw89 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yay congrats I'm very close to your weight 158 at 5'0 (went up to 200!!! While pregnant starting at 153) now baby is a year it's time for me to feel good about me! Although my goal is to 120-125 , you are an inspiration :-) happy to see I'm not the only vertically challenged person facing this
  • sydneyannewyma
    Options
    rwcw89 wrote: »
    Yay congrats I'm very close to your weight 158 at 5'0 (went up to 200!!! While pregnant starting at 153) now baby is a year it's time for me to feel good about me! Although my goal is to 120-125 , you are an inspiration :-) happy to see I'm not the only vertically challenged person facing this

I have no doubt in my mind that you can do it. If you can be a mommy then you can do anything. Thank you for the kind words!
  • fabulousmomofone
    fabulousmomofone Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • minnkun
    minnkun Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Amazing :)
  • XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Congrats you look great!!! Very inspirational and motivating as well. Im 4 11 as well and my goal weight is 115. Im at 127 now and somethings I think I prob wont reach my goal, but after seeing your results you have showed me it is possible!
    Would you mind sharing your exercises?
  • sydneyannewyma
    Options
    Mayra726 wrote: »
    Yay!! Congrats you look great!!! Very inspirational and motivating as well. Im 4 11 as well and my goal weight is 115. Im at 127 now and somethings I think I prob wont reach my goal, but after seeing your results you have showed me it is possible!
    Would you mind sharing your exercises?

Getting at least 30 minutes of cardio a day was what I aimed for mostly. I did this with Beach Body videos, elliptical, treadmills, stairclimbers, stationary bikes. (: it helps a lot to get a gym membership so you have lots of options for machines. If you can't afford a gym membership or don't like working out outside your home I recommend Beach Body videos.
  • sydneyannewyma
    Options
    And thanks again everyone (:
  • maryjboom
    maryjboom Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • MaryMacAttack
    MaryMacAttack Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    When you work hard you see great results! Congrats you should feel very proud.
  • prinscharon
    prinscharon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ! Well done, hard work and determination paid off
  • sydneyannewyma
    Options
    Thanks!!! :D
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • aksteve777
    aksteve777 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    so proud of you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!