Workouts for toning thighs and getting rid of cellulite

Hey everyone! to get straight to the point, i'm wondering if there is any work out that has worked best for any of you to get rid of cellulite. Im squatting and doing leg bench press but i guess not enough to tone up that extra fat and cellulite. I'm new to fitness so was wondering if anyone had a routine or reps they do a week that has helped, or even a different form of exercise that really helps in that area :smile: Thank you!

Replies

• Jrodasff
    Jrodasff Posts: 334 Member
    Hey how are you? I came across an article online recently and I just pulled it back up and thought you might find it interesting regarding your question. Sorry I don't have any expertise in cellulite but I do in working out. Hope this helps. http://www.prevention.com/fitness/strength-training/leg-exercises-and-butt-exercises-how-lose-cellulite-and-fat
  • cantumelia
    cantumelia Posts: 59 Member
    edited March 2015
    I found this article that may interest you http://www.webmd.com/beauty/cellulite/cellulite-causes-and-treatments

I´m afraid that working out the zone won´t get rid of it, and it´s a well known fact that no work out can get rid of targeted fat.http://www.yalescientific.org/2011/04/targeted-fat-loss-myth-or-reality/
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,178 Member
    There is no magical exercise that will get rid of cellulite. Losing fat and exercising to build muscle will help, but it will take time and it will not dissapear. Is it only cellulite? I have stretchmarks/skin damage in the area from the alst growth spurt during puberty, which is very common in women, and this is something that does not go away, even if you have very low body fat.
  • Joyeuxbelle
    Joyeuxbelle Posts: 30 Member
    Unfortunately, there's no quick fix to getting rid of cellulite - it depends on so many factors; water, body fat, underlying muscle, genetics. Some really ripped ladies still rock the cellulite, and there shouldn't be any shame in it at all, we're chicks and we all have it to some extent! Some ladies swear by dry-brushing areas that are affected, so maybe give this a try.

At the end of the day, reducing body fat and increasing the muscle will assist in getting rid of it, but depending on your genes some may remain. Remember to keep drinking a lot of water too.

Regarding toning thighs, try doing leg extensions - this isolates the quads, in addition to squats, leg press, and perhaps some jogging or long walks as well. I include all of these in my leg routine (and some more), and my legs/thighs are very defined.
  • lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    edited March 2015
    No way to spot reduce, unfortunately. I'm at the point where I look pretty darn "toned" everywhere except the sides of my thighs. Building muscle will always make cellulite look better, but sometimes it really just is in your genetics (and I'm not generally a fan of that reasoning). For me, I think I'd need to get down to pretty low bodyfat % to get rid of it. I'm trying to accept it and hoping it will improve slowly.

Make sure you are working in exercises that develop your hamstrings and glutes, and not just quads, as most women are pretty quad dominant.

Edit: spelling
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Cellulite is forever no matter how much weight, fat you loose. I have had it all my life and I lift weights and do cardio 6 days a week.

I have even lost a few too many pounds once a upon a time a go and yes the cellulite never never went a way. My mom is just like that, so I think it may be somewhat genetic and how you store fat, etc...
  • sierrahonestly
    sierrahonestly Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks you guys! Your responses really helped. And when I was about 15 pounds lighter and dancing a lot, I still had a small amount of cellulite but not as much as I do now. Even though I still will always have some, just a little bit less would suffice (: haha
  • jhonyadolph
    jhonyadolph Posts: 1 Member
    David you are right, but dieting is not only a single option for controlling fat in our body. For reducing fat you may use fat reducing devices like massager, cellulite oils, cellulite creams etc. These devices are very helpful to reduce fat from our body you can go to http://www.cellublue.com/ site for details
  • kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    gia07 wrote: »
    Cellulite is forever no matter how much weight, fat you loose. I have had it all my life and I lift weights and do cardio 6 days a week.

I have even lost a few too many pounds once a upon a time a go and yes the cellulite never never went a way. My mom is just like that, so I think it may be somewhat genetic and how you store fat, etc...

That's not true for everyone. My cellulite is directly tied to my muscle mass and body fat percentage. It does away very predictably as I lose weight, and even better when I've got bigger glutes underneath.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    David you are right, but dieting is not only a single option for controlling fat in our body. For reducing fat you may use fat reducing devices like massager, cellulite oils, cellulite creams etc. These devices are very helpful to reduce fat from our body you can go to http://www.cellublue.com/ site for details

What?
    OP, this guy must be selling stuff. If it worked, would any of us be here?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Losing fat on your thighs comes down to eating at a deficit and losing fat in general. The "toned" look I presume you are speaking of is losing fat so that you can see the muscle definition you already have.

I have lost almost all of my cellulite through fat loss and heavy lifting. I do believe weight training played a big roll in the appearance of cellulite. What program are you doing?

While creams do nothing to remove cellulite, I find that it usually looks better if I keep the skin moisturized.