Finding the best way to cut cravings and lean out.

Options
It's been about a month back into this cutting phase and I have some great results in weight loss when I go to bed hungry. Stay below your daily intake after you are done with dinner. If you are able, do an end of the day workout before you go to sleep. It doesn't have to be crazy. Something as simple as going on a jog or light lifting. Just get your metabolism kick started again and working to burn calories. When you are done, take a shower and go to bed. It takes some discipline to not raid the fridge, but I promise you while you sleep your body is working to feed itself and begins to work on it's fat reserves. When I wake up in the morning after being disciplined in this manner, I wake up tighter, leaner and feeling great. As you do this your stomach over time will begin to shrink in turn reducing your cravings to fill it back up. Try it out and see if it works for you.

Replies

• betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    no, i work out right after work(5pm), come home, eat dinner and continue to snack/eat while laying on the couch all the way till i go to sleep. Metabolism wont kick start because i do exercise before going to sleep and stomachs to do not shrink. My body is working to feed itself regardless of if i lay on the couch for 3 hours before going to sleep or go for a run right before going to sleep.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    for most people, exercise right before bed is not advised. That is a time that your body is gradually slowing down to get ready to sleep. So you are interrupting this process. Probably fine if you are falling asleep within 10-15 minutes of laying down, otherwise I'd recommend moving the exercise a couple of hours earlier. It's not a bad idea to cut off eating after dinner, but regardless of when you last eat, the body will go into fat reserves as you sleep if you are in a calorie deficit.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    for most people, exercise right before bed is not advised. That is a time that your body is gradually slowing down to get ready to sleep. So you are interrupting this process. Probably fine if you are falling asleep within 10-15 minutes of laying down, otherwise I'd recommend moving the exercise a couple of hours earlier. It's not a bad idea to cut off eating after dinner, but regardless of when you last eat, the body will go into fat reserves as you sleep if you are in a calorie deficit.

^ this

• Jrodasff
    Jrodasff Posts: 334 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @girlviernes‌ yes it will go into reserves as you sleep and yes you are interrupting this process. That is exactly what you want to do. Have your body demand more fuel, kicking up your metabolism while your asleep. All I am stating is that if you want to kick your metabolism and fat burning process into overdrive, do some extra exercising after dinner before bed. I'm not saying minutes before bed, just in that time frame. The extra work along with staying hungry while you sleep goes a long way. When you wake up in the morning continuously like this you will feel and see the results.
  • Jrodasff
    Options
    @betuel75‌ your kidding right? You think people sitting on the couch eating are burning the same amount of calories at rest as opposed to those who are exercising??? Of course everyone has a metabolism and are burning calories at a certain rate. But to elevate your heart rate and demand more of your body naturally will cause your body to metabolize quicker to fuel itself. So your point of sitting on the couch and eating being equal to a person exercising when it comes to metabolic rate makes no sense. You don't have have to follow my suggestion. By all means stay on the couch and eat. That's your prerogative.
  • Angelrica
    Angelrica Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I tried exercising right before bed I dd Zumba. I was up until 3:00 am. Not a good idea for me. I always exercise in the morning, and sometimes after work around 6:00 pm I eat a light dinner, and maybe a light snack. I have managed to lose 30 pounds since December. I will continue doing my thing. Good luck to everyone on here.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    ffjrodas wrote: »
    @betuel75‌ your kidding right? You think people sitting on the couch eating are burning the same amount of calories at rest as opposed to those who are exercising??? Of course everyone has a metabolism and are burning calories at a certain rate. But to elevate your heart rate and demand more of your body naturally will cause your body to metabolize quicker to fuel itself. So your point of sitting on the couch and eating being equal to a person exercising when it comes to metabolic rate makes no sense. You don't have have to follow my suggestion. By all means stay on the couch and eat. That's your prerogative.

You obviously didnt read my post. I said i go to the gym which means im exercising which means burning more than people sitting on the couch. You missed my point. You do not need to work out before going to bed to give your "metabolism a kick start" as you stated. If your in a calorie deficit your body will work on fat reserve weather you worked out before bed or 4 hours before.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    what may work for one may not work for others. I have worked out a few hrs before bed have been for almost 3 years and guess what? I havent loss fat any faster than I have when I worked out during the day. it all depends on the person and how their body works.just because it works for you doesnt mean its fact,unless you have some kind of proof of that?
  • Jrodasff
    Options
    Everything on these forums are based on advice or suggestions that work for the individual. By all means try it out, along with many other pieces of advice that you find on here. This really works for me as well as a few other people I know. That's why I shared it. If you like it, great. If you don't like it, great. Have a great rest of your day.