Fitbit users?

Options
jcondeee
jcondeee Posts: 72 Member
I am looking to purchase a fitbit but completely clueless as to which one would best suit me!
I would love one that tracks my sleep, steps I take, heart rate and calories at least. I am currently on the Ideal Protein Diet and it is working great! A whooping 10 pounds this first week! I totally reccommend it to someone looking for a serious healthly way to lose weight monitored by a certified professional. I recently joined a new gym again and go 4- 5 times per weeks. Anyways! I am looking for any fitbit users' opinions!

Replies

• andygcc30
    andygcc30 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit charge and think it is really good and syncs well with my fitness pal.
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I use Fitbit One and I like it very much. However it does not tract heart rate.
  • ampach
    ampach Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Charge HR. I love it. Like andygcc30 says, it syncs well with MFP, which is what I've been using. Fyi, cross-check prices. Amazon has a higher price than Fitbit's website on some models. :)
  • jcondeee
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you! Fit Bit Charge was actually what I was really interested! I was actually a bit confused on what the difference between Charge and Charge HD was? Does anyone know?
  • ssjones999
    ssjones999 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ideal Protein diet??
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    @jcondeee, the Charge does not monitor your heart rate, the Charge HR does. The next model up from these is the Surge which monitors heart rate and has built in GPS.
  • jcondeee
    Options
    ssjones999 wrote: »
    Ideal Protein diet??
    Yes you can look it up online. It is awesome and healthy

• jcondeee
    Options
    @JohnBarth Have you had any experience with the Surge?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    to @jcondee there is another thread that was posted a little earlier that you may want to do a search for... is a lot of advice and answers where other MFP posted that may not come to this thread and post...

You might find this one helpful... I posted over there and so did a lot of others...
  • DaisyCrazy82
    DaisyCrazy82 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The fitbit Charge tracks steps, stairs, sleep and calories. The fitbit Charge HR does all of that and tracks your Heart Rate as well, which to me gives a more accurate count of calories in my opinion.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    @jcondeee, I have a Surge. I like it but don't love it. I walk a lot and have counted steps, measured stride, made adjustments within the Fitbit interface, and it's consistently undercounting my steps. Fortunately, while is does understate my step count, it does so consistently. I'm not looking for an exact number, but with a similar level of activity, I can achieve similar step numbers, so I know if I'm meeting or exceeding a typical level of activity.

The HR function on both the Surge and Charge HR will give reasonable readings for normal activities and walking. When you start getting into higher interval, more strenuous activity, it lags quite a bit from where your high heart ranges are.

GPS seems pretty decent. It sometimes picks me up in a spot a couple of hundred yards from where I actually start, but it picks up the correct location within 0.1-0.2 miles. It's always 90-95% accurate.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Pick the Fitbit that will suit your lifestyle best and that you will want to use. There is a wide range of models currently. Here's a quick comparison:

x07b8yxdtq5d.jpg

I started with a Zip. Upgraded to the Flex after about 9 months. Used a Flex for almost a year. Tried the Garmin VivoFit and now have the Surge.
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I just got the Charge HR about 2 weeks ago, I love it! Though sometimes it misses my steps, earlier this week my pedometer "froze" and same with my heart rate (I was so close to my 10,000 step! I hit it but I wanted to see it hit it darn it! lol), it's done that twice now and is extremely frustrating.
  • jcondeee
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    to @jcondee there is another thread that was posted a little earlier that you may want to do a search for... is a lot of advice and answers where other MFP posted that may not come to this thread and post...

You might find this one helpful... I posted over there and so did a lot of others...

Thank you!
  • jcondeee
    Options
    The fitbit Charge tracks steps, stairs, sleep and calories. The fitbit Charge HR does all of that and tracks your Heart Rate as well, which to me gives a more accurate count of calories in my opinion.

Thank you!
  • jcondeee
    Options
    JohnBarth wrote: »
    @jcondeee, I have a Surge. I like it but don't love it. I walk a lot and have counted steps, measured stride, made adjustments within the Fitbit interface, and it's consistently undercounting my steps. Fortunately, while is does understate my step count, it does so consistently. I'm not looking for an exact number, but with a similar level of activity, I can achieve similar step numbers, so I know if I'm meeting or exceeding a typical level of activity.

The HR function on both the Surge and Charge HR will give reasonable readings for normal activities and walking. When you start getting into higher interval, more strenuous activity, it lags quite a bit from where your high heart ranges are.

GPS seems pretty decent. It sometimes picks me up in a spot a couple of hundred yards from where I actually start, but it picks up the correct location within 0.1-0.2 miles. It's always 90-95% accurate.

Thank you for being so informative! I appreciate it!
  • jcondeee
    Options
    Pick the Fitbit that will suit your lifestyle best and that you will want to use. There is a wide range of models currently. Here's a quick comparison:

x07b8yxdtq5d.jpg

I started with a Zip. Upgraded to the Flex after about 9 months. Used a Flex for almost a year. Tried the Garmin VivoFit and now have the Surge.

This is exactly what I needed to see! Thank you
  • jcondeee
    Options
    I just got the Charge HR about 2 weeks ago, I love it! Though sometimes it misses my steps, earlier this week my pedometer "froze" and same with my heart rate (I was so close to my 10,000 step! I hit it but I wanted to see it hit it darn it! lol), it's done that twice now and is extremely frustrating.

That sounds awful! I would hate that!
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have the charge HR and love it!
  • Pammiel
    Pammiel Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I just bought the Zip and I will keep this for future reference

x07b8yxdtq5d.jpg

• :)

x07b8yxdtq5d.jpg

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!