milestone hit of 50 pounds

Options
I started my weight loss and getting healthy journey about14 months ago and I just hit a loss of 50 pounds. No it was not fast. I did not want it to be. I wanted to do it in such a way that it would be sustainable for the rest of my life. And though I have had many many non scale victories through this whole process, I am very excited about hitting this milestone. It's HUGE for me. I want to celebrate it in some way, but not with food so that I can look back and remember how hard I worked to get here and how great it feels to accomplish something that I have tried and failed at many, many times before. This success feels amazing! It feels way better than any sinfully delicious food I have ever eaten. I want to constantly remember that!

Replies

• chriscolh
    chriscolh Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    So Awesome! I think that's the right way to go about it. Whenever I've done extreme dieting, the weight always comes back, and then some. Slow and steady works better for me, too. And I feel better in the process! Congratulations!
  • millermkarate
    millermkarate Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! Buy yourself a new outfit to celebrate :)
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! You rock!
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :D
  • OBXgirl130
    OBXgirl130 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Awesome inspiration!
  • jj_steele
    jj_steele Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for demonstrating that slow and steady does work.
    Congratulations!!!! Buy yourself a new outfit to celebrate :)
    Agree. ^ Have fun!
  • iambold
    iambold Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!! I started in January, like you I am in it for doing better and staying that way so I'm working a consistent path with changing my eating patterns and exercise patterns. I've lost 8 LBS so far. Hoped for more, but I guess that goes with the fight.' Your success has helped me in my today! Thanks for sharing. =)
  • denisegon2015
    Options
    Great Job! Celebrate with a club soda & twist of lime!! I will do one with you!! I am of the same feeling that slow and steady will win the race. It is about lifestyle changes and eating healthy that will result in weight loss. I am on an 80 day streak myself, lost 26 lbs - I have made good food decisions and have practice portion control!! I works, it really works! Keep it up - you are an inspiration to all of us!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!