Why No Change Since Lifting? Weightlifters Opinions Needed

Options
13»

Replies

• wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts! I'm very new to lifting and don't have a trainer so I knew I'd probably make some errors to begin with. I"m just glad I asked now rather then later. I'm going to add a short cardio warm up back into my routine and with NROWLFW I will be increasing my weights much more regularly.
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    I only just started lifting but maybe this will help:
    There 3 body types : Endomorph, Mesomorph and Ectomorph. Maybe you are an Endomorph
    Typical traits of an Endomorph:
    Soft and round body
    Gains muscle and fat very easily
    Is generally short
    "Stocky" build
    Round physique
    Finds it hard to lose fat
    Slow metabolism
    Muscles not so well defined

When it comes to training endomorphs find it very easy to gain weight. Unfortunately, a large portion of this weight is fat not muscle. To keep fat gain to a minimum, endomorphs must always train cardio as well as weights.
    Here is a test to find out your body type : http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/becker3.htm
    I'm not saying body types don't exist, but it's primarily used as an excuse "OH IT'S MY GENETICS!" If people just STFU about how hard it is for them and easy it is for others while spending that energy being disciplined.. maybe they wouldn't have aesthetic problems.
    Wow, what an attitude you've got :noway: I am not saying to use body type as an excuse, I am saying to adjust training according to your bodytype.