RunKeeper sync to MFP glitch?

Options
I have been using RunKeeper for a couple years and am happy with it. I use the GPS tracking function for outside exercise and time only for inside. My experience has been that RunKeeper consistently agrees with the kcal estimate from my HRM.

I have noticed for a few weeks now that when RunKeeper syncs with MFP, the kcal count jumps. My walk yesterday was 323 kcal on RunKeeper but MFP recorded it as 512.

What gives? Has anyone seen this happening?

I don't use any other type of tracker that would be adding kcal.

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I had to unlink my accounts in a webbrowser and reconnect again. Go to your workout diary on MFP and see if it's double-counting your exercise.
  • stacey_rayner
    stacey_rayner Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have been using RunKeeper for a couple years and am happy with it. I use the GPS tracking function for outside exercise and time only for inside. My experience has been that RunKeeper consistently agrees with the kcal estimate from my HRM.

I have noticed for a few weeks now that when RunKeeper syncs with MFP, the kcal count jumps. My walk yesterday was 323 kcal on RunKeeper but MFP recorded it as 512.

What gives? Has anyone seen this happening?

I don't use any other type of tracker that would be adding kcal.

Mine did the opposite,e.g. 5 min cross trainer recorded 83 cals then after it saved it said i did 0, i was not overly enthused that RK changed my data. Luckily i remembered how much i burnt so i could edit but now its not syncing. Thus, ill be testing it out again tomorrow to see if it RK or MFP error?.