What delicious, amazing, sinful treat did you turn down?

Options

Replies

• Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I turned down a doughnut today at work. It's national doughnut day!
  • FreddyObrian
    FreddyObrian Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Walked into a buffet... not one plate of food was saved from my vengeful stomach :p I paid the price though; that night, my stomach was so bloated, I felt like I had to throw up x.x I didn't eat so much the next day :p General Tso, you've won this battle Q('.'Q)
    I turned down a doughnut today at work. It's national doughnut day!

I wasn't aware of this... I must celebrate, someone stop me! :p I'm not one who craves donuts though, so good thing, haha.
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My coworker's girlfriend is a pastry chef. I can't even begin to list. :grumble:
  • Barefoot115
    Barefoot115 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just attended a picnic with lovely rich chocolate cupcakes topped with a beautiful mound of light fluffy teal blue frosting. My daughter finished hers and had frosting and chocolate crumbs all over her face....it was tempting.
  • mrsfoster102613
    mrsfoster102613 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Just this week my office served the following (split among three different “celebrations”):

-pizza
    -breakfast tacos
    -BBQ (and all of the sides)
    -peach cobbler
    -banana pudding
    -cake
    -ice cream

I didn’t eat one bite. I brought my own meals and snacks and managed to fight temptation. Now if there had been a bag of BBQ chips, I can’t guarantee I’d have had the same willpower. Those suckers get me almost every time!
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I think this is about lifelong success, not deprivation. I know I am not going to go through my life never eating so-called "bad" foods...so, I find a way to fit them in when I want them. I believe it is all about moderation...definitely not deprivation. Besides, if you deprive yourself of something, you obsess over it and then end up eating to "make up" for what you are missing--usually resulting in worst eating!
    Yes, even when you are making a lifestyle change, you can "have your cake and eat it too" ;-)
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I think this is about lifelong success, not deprivation. I know I am not going to go through my life never eating so-called "bad" foods...so, I find a way to fit them in when I want them. I believe it is all about moderation...definitely not deprivation. Besides, if you deprive yourself of something, you obsess over it and then end up eating to "make up" for what you are missing--usually resulting in worst eating!
    Yes, even when you are making a lifestyle change, you can "have your cake and eat it too" ;-)

The way I look at it, when I reach my target body fat percentage, I'll be able to fit in an occasional treat. For now, I'm on a mission, and it doesn't include empty calorie foods. Also as I move further and further into an organic lifestyle, I have less and less desire to eat foods that aren't organic or that are comprised of GMO ingredients.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. The dang fool sent me a picture in my email. He's evil I tell you!! lol
    I am reminded of the Happy Bunny: "Boys are dumb, throw rocks at them." "Doesn't this look fantastic?" Reading the label there is 1,000,000,000 calories per mm squared bite. Yeah, Thanks for that dear LOL Ah we love 'em! :laugh:
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    NONE..haha why would I do that??

[img]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii256/hpfan_8890/Gif Folder/bonesmindblown.gif[/img]
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    Chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. The dang fool sent me a picture in my email. He's evil I tell you!! lol
    I am reminded of the Happy Bunny: "Boys are dumb, throw rocks at them." "Doesn't this look fantastic?" Reading the label there is 1,000,000,000 calories per mm squared bite. Yeah, Thanks for that dear LOL Ah we love 'em! :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And all he did was laugh when I called him an evil a@@. :sad: :sad:
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Meh....I turn down sweets and such all the time. I don't buy into this notion that I must let myself have it or else I'll be binging on 14,124 cookies or 1,812 cherry pies if I don't "have some". I usually feel better about myself by exercising my willpower and not having dessert etc... than I do if I eat it.

To each his/her own!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    In the past few days, I've turned down donuts, bavarian cake from Cicis, corndog, cheesecake, ice cream... A LOT OF STUFF!

But I did indulge in 2 brownies, and some Reese's Pieces! Can't be strong all the time! lol
  • hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze
    hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    None. I ate them ALL. :love:
  • nuttingh
    nuttingh Posts: 65
    Options
    Pizza and donuts. Bless my heart today LOL :)
  • WhyFlowersExist
    WhyFlowersExist Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Your mom, HAH im kidding im in a mood forgive me. Double chocolate chip muffins today at my grandmothers MMMMmM
  • dar719
    dar719 Posts: 3
    Options
    Its the playoffs and for a bunch of my friends that means Buffalo wild wings so I have turned down blue moon alot oh and cheesy fries anything fried it sucks but at the same time it's healthier for me and I don't get sick.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    In honor of 'Nat'l Donut Day'. during a meeting today someone was nice enough to bring in a huge box of donuts. I not only did not even have a bite, I didn't even look in the box (because it would have been all over if I had)!

Oh, and I left a half a glass of white wine on the table. You know I'm serious when I leave wine behind...:bigsmile:
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Tacos. The real kind ...that's not code for vagina or anything. I really turned down tacos this morning. Lol

Sounds like code to me

Totally like code. I could go for some good code right now. :cry:

That code would go with the freckled boobies.

ETA: I haven't turned down anything lately but that has more to do with nobody at work offering me anything but more work. No treats from them. Damn them.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I had half a serving of Talenti Sea Salt Caramel Gelato. The little chocolate covered caramel nuggets of heaven were right there, one more scoop down and they would be mine. I somehow left them there and replaced the lid.

Crud, now I'm thinking about them again.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I had pizza last night. I had raspberry M&Ms and a margarita tonight. And this, my friends, is why I hit a heavy bag, spar, lift weights, and run. :wink: