The Five 2 Diet Approach

So for 6 weeks I have followed the 5:2 eating plan to kick start my plan to lose weight and for healthier living. I lost 1 stone and close to a couple of inches from my waist. I joined this app and community to carry on my journey and lose another stone whilst gaining lean muscle. I'll still do the 5:2 thing but only one day a week (6:1). For those unfamiliar this means restricting calorie intake to 600 for the day. This app fails to recognise it when I input it in my diary but it has worked for me as well as bringing other benefits: self control, discipline, focus. I'm interested if others have experiences of other 'radical' type approaches?

Replies

• lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    I don't specifically do 5:2, but I look at both daily calories and weekly calories and adjust daily accordingly - So on weekends I tend to go up in calories because of social things, so then on sundays / mondays etc I dip down. My regular calorie intake is between 1200 and 1300 for a 2 pound weight loss per week . So my week might be between 1200-1300 3 days, 1700-2500 2 days, and 500 for two days. I aim for between 8400 and 9000 calories a week. It seems to be working, I'm down 44 pounds