Six Month Update - 220 to 196

Angierae75
Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
Monday was the 6 month "anniversary" of my weight loss journey and I was feeling a little discouraged today, so I put together these two photos - one from about a week after I started, and one from today.

Feeling a lot better now. It's good to be able to compare, and think about where I'll be six months from NOW. :) (and yes, I should have smiled in the second one but I get stressed out when I'm taking full-body pictures.)

2c8w22acirjv.jpg

Replies

• brooke64
    brooke64 Posts: 34 Member
    You look great! You can really see the difference in your whole body! Keep up the good work! :smiley:
  • shellgoff
    shellgoff Posts: 189 Member
    You look great! Keep it up!
  • mona52bask
    mona52bask Posts: 42 Member
    Congratulations! You are doing an awesome job! Keep up the great work! :smile:
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Bravo! You look great! Congrats on the weight lost so far and wishing you much continued success. :smiley:
  • MaryMacAttack
    MaryMacAttack Posts: 116 Member
    I hope you are feeling proud! Keep up the great work :)
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    you already have come far in your journey :)
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Congratulations! You look awesome
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Wow, I can see how this would help you feel better - what a difference! Congrats on an amazing 24-pound loss. That is something to be proud of!
  • andygcc30
    andygcc30 Posts: 38 Member
    Well done great transformation
  • Angierae75
    Thank you everyone!
  • ccam99
    ccam99 Posts: 119 Member
    Great job!!! The next 6 months will be gone before you know it.
  • eva_letsdance
    eva_letsdance Posts: 2,731 Member
    Yay! Congrats. What a difference.
  • lynnpertle
    lynnpertle Posts: 34 Member
    That really inspires me because I am around the same weight. I am only losing a pound a week. So I get discouraged it is not going faster, but I can totally see the difference in you. Thanks.
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Great job!
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    GREAT JOB! PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK!!!
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Thank you for sharing. Even without the smile, you look great in the 2nd picture. Keep up your hard work it is easy to see it is working.
  • goodtwin_77
    goodtwin_77 Posts: 43 Member
    Great job!
  • sshields1975
    sshields1975 Posts: 22 Member
    Keep up your hard work. You can see it's paying off. Great job.
  • bananafannah
    bananafannah Posts: 194 Member
    Way to go!! Keep up the great work and stay strong.
  • Angierae75
    lynnpertle wrote: »
    That really inspires me because I am around the same weight. I am only losing a pound a week. So I get discouraged it is not going faster, but I can totally see the difference in you. Thanks.

Every time I've tried to lose more than a pound a week, I can't stick with it. I finally decided that I'd rather lose slower, and be able to stick to it. It hasn't always been easy, and I've had a couple of stalls where I lost my way, but it's definitely been easier at a pound a week than it ever was at 2 or even 1.5. Good luck!
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Great job!! Keep up the good work.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    You look fantastic. Excellent job. And I agree about losing slow and steady. IMO quick loss = quick regain + more. When I allow myself more weekly calories (which means some wine on the weekends) I don't rebel and chuck the whole dang thing. Too bad it took me so many attempts to figure that one out! LoL. But at least I figured it out eventually!!
  • You look amazing, and you are a inspiration for me and others so please think about that when you're feeling discouraged.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    B)cheering_minions.gif
  • techguymike7801
    techguymike7801 Posts: 47 Member
    urloved33 wrote: »
    B)cheering_minions.gif

Is this the only thing you know how to post?
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 969 Member
    You look great! Well done, you! It seems you have found your way and have the determination to see it through!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!