Garmin Vivofit 2 activity tracker users

Options
Do any of you use a Vivofit or a Vivofit 2? Just exchanged my Fitbit (which was a DOA) for this one and I couldn't be happier!!! Is not as fancy and doesn't have pretty lights, but it has waaaaay more functions. Let's hope I'll be a happy bunny!! :blush:

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for it to come to the UK. Interested to see what people think of it.
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    So far, so good!!! Seriously, best purchase ever... :blush:
  • rhionnan
    rhionnan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have the vivofit - only because the vivofit 2 wasn't out yet. Did you get the 2? If so where? I love my vivofit, just can't wait for the backlit screen and auto sync that the 2 has.
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've had a Vivofit since July 2014 and I think it's very helpful for encouraging healthy habits like getting 10,000 steps/day and breaking up sitting time.
  • Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    rhionnan wrote: »
    I have the vivofit - only because the vivofit 2 wasn't out yet. Did you get the 2? If so where? I love my vivofit, just can't wait for the backlit screen and auto sync that the 2 has.

I got the 2 at Mediamarkt in Belgium... :D
  • msbonnieblueyes
    msbonnieblueyes Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have a Vivofit 2, my first fitness band. I love the way it counts steps and measures calorie burn but cannot understand how to enter my type of exercise at the right time so it will report here in the news feed accurately. I never run or jog and whenever I sync, it posts on the MFP news feed as running/jogging. I can change it in the MFP exercise after I sync. Just can't get the hang of it :p Any suggestions appreciated!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I have the vivofit2. Bought on amazon in a hrm bundle. I really love it. I just have had it a month it is my first band after much scrutiny over other bands. It great for all I was looking for. Id love a fenix 3 but thats a car oayment so...lol! But its awsome <3 oh you can add me on garmin connect I am Ilikewarmhugs
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have just ordered a vivofit 2, can't wait for it to come!
  • Akibo23
    Akibo23 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Andreake08 wrote: »
    rhionnan wrote: »

I got the 2 at Mediamarkt in Belgium... :D

I got mine at the same place 2 days ago !! Loving it <3
  • klwells08
    klwells08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have the original vivofit, no 2 yet. By far it is my favorite of all of the fitness trackers I have had.
  • amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have a vivofit 2 ..i love it ..it changed my goal to 15000 steps a day because of my activity so i like that it pushes me to do more lol...
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I am considering it if/when my Fitbit bites the dust. I have heard not so good things about the app and the website. What do all of you think? Is it user friendly? How accurate are the burn estimates?
  • alekth
    alekth Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The website is fine (although you still have to manually click a sync link to get mfp calories). In the app they just fixed active calories showing properly, and there you can't do anything about getting the mfp calories, it just syncs itself at some very rare and random times, as far as my experience goes. Generally, the app is just sub-par, I keep it around for a rare glimpse and for syncing, and mostly just use mfp for general steps/cals and the site for more specifics.

Burn estimates are pretty good for non-walking activities, if you use a HRM chest strap with correctly set resting and max heart rate. The calories estimate for plain old walking are probably adequate, but the formulas used are also completely generic, all it takes is a distance (estimated by steps, which is estimated by arm bumps), sex, weight, age, I think.