Not New... Starting Again...

Options
Hey everyone,

The name is Amber. I have been on MFP before, and had great success. In fact, I lost 80 pounds and felt excellent. But, then things just changed. I started getting back in old habits. I noticed this, though, but just kept saying I wouldn't get any worse. Guess what? Those little promises didn't work. I got much worse. The more I ate, the more depressed I got... the more depressed I got, the more I ate. (REPEAT)

As of this past Friday, I have gained back all but 12 of those 80 pounds (I've lost 5 of those again since Friday, though). Not to mention the fact that my triglycerides are through the roof. Surprisingly, my A1C is perfectly normal, though. How that has happened, I do not know. It's pure luck, I guess... because, it should be through the roof too the way I've been eating. High sugar or no, though, I still feel like crap.

I'm tired all of the time. I'm depressed all of the time. I'm irritable all of the time. And, I'm in pain and out of breath all of the time. It's time to hit the breaks and turn around. Thus, the reason I'm back on MFP.

I had most of my success on MFP. I loved the friends I made and I loved the support I got ... and I loved giving support too. I have no good excuse for why I let life and depression get the better of me, but, I'm done with trying to come up with one. I've spent too long in that pattern. I do NOT want to end up like my father who is dying from Diabetes (and kidney failure) from a lifetime of bad habits. I want to be different. I want to be better. I want to FEEL better.

I would love some friends and support, though. Feel free to add me if you think you'd like to be friends. Maybe we can help each other.

P.S. A lot has changed since last time I was on. I'm loving this new community forum layout. :smiley:

Replies