• 50g Peppers
  • 150g Aubergine
  • 25g Basil Pesto
  • 5g Chili Paste
  • 1/2 Clove of Garlic
  • Chili Powder
  • Salt and Pepper to taste

Method:
Heat oven on Gas Mark 6. Slice the aubergine length ways (approx 1cm thick), sprinkle with salt and a touch of chili powder, and throw into oven on a tray lined with foil. Spend the next 5mins slicing the chicken in half (length ways again, through the center, so you have two thinner breasts), add to a bowl, mince the garlic and mix with the chili paste, marinade the chicken in the chili garlic mix. Halve the tomatoes, sprinkle with dried basil and salt. Slice the peppers. Lay the chicken on a foil lined tray along with the tomatoes and peppers, and put in the oven. Cook for 20 - 25mins, and then stack the aubergine with the chicken. Drizzle the pesto over top and ta-daaaa.

(Was another pretty big portion, but I had a protein shake before eating so that may have contributed to the struggle when it came to finishing all the food on my plate)

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    And for those in the rest of the world:
    aubergine is eggplant
    gas mark 6 is 200C or 400F

That looks pretty good!
    I think it needs cheese but I think a lot of things need cheese and I have no idea what kind of cheese goes with this lol
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    i knew i should have bought that eggplant yesterday. this looks delicious

mozzarella would be good with it. or grate a little parmesan over. maybe some goat cheese

now i want cheese
  • yourad0rk
    yourad0rk Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    aubergine is eggplant

That looks pretty good!
    I think it needs cheese but I think a lot of things need cheese and I have no idea what kind of cheese goes with this lol

Ah, I should have remembered to add in the conversions, so thank you for that! :)

I have some cheese left over, but I like to watch the fat content in my food, and there's a fair amount from the olive oil in the pesto already, so adding cheese would have doubled that. Although I'm pretty sure the addition of cheese would have made it that much better, and a lot more filling too.

• yourad0rk
    Options
    i knew i should have bought that eggplant yesterday. this looks delicious

mozzarella would be good with it. or grate a little parmesan over. maybe some goat cheese

now i want cheese

It was pretty good for what it was lol.

If you were to add cheese I would go for something not too salty or sharp because the pesto provides tonnes of salt as it. So mozzarella or ricotta would go well I think.

• lishie_rebooted
    Options
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    aubergine is eggplant

That looks pretty good!

Ah, I should have remembered to add in the conversions, so thank you for that! :)

I have some cheese left over, but I like to watch the fat content in my food, and there's a fair amount from the olive oil in the pesto already, so adding cheese would have doubled that. Although I'm pretty sure the addition of cheese would have made it that much better, and a lot more filling too.

I knew the aubergine one already but I did have to look up the gas mark one lol.
    My old gas stove had degrees on it lol

I'm awful about getting enough fat in my diet. And I don't know why mozzarella didn't cross my mind hahaha
  • yourad0rk
    Options
    I'm awful about getting enough fat in my diet. And I don't know why mozzarella didn't cross my mind hahaha

Getting fat is easy! Nuts and seeds have insane amounts of fat in them, coconut oil, butter, olive oil, avocados, granola, cream, cheeses. If you have an avocado everyday, a teaspoon of coconut oil and a handful of nuts/seeds, I think that would be enough fat for anyone as that easily comes up to about 60g of fat. There's fat in almost everything, which for me is a bit annoying, as I even have to watch how many kiwi's I can eat to remain within my macros :|
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options

Getting fat is easy! Nuts and seeds have insane amounts of fat in them, coconut oil, butter, olive oil, avocados, granola, cream, cheeses. If you have an avocado everyday, a teaspoon of coconut oil and a handful of nuts/seeds, I think that would be enough fat for anyone as that easily comes up to about 60g of fat. There's fat in almost everything, which for me is a bit annoying, as I even have to watch how many kiwi's I can eat to remain within my macros :|

I know getting fat is easy, I just suck at hitting my goal most days since I naturally pick fruit to snack on instead of nuts.