Kettlebell DVD

krv124
krv124 Posts: 22 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Good Morning

I am getting a kettlebell today and was hoping for suggestions for a DVD workout for them. The newest infomercial DVD set looks awesome, but I think I can do better than $90. I've seen claims for burning 400 calories in 20 minutes in Fitness Mag and in other spots! That is right up my alley with two little ones at home.

Has anyone had luck with the kettlebell and or have a DVD workout that they love?

Happy Friday!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    I got a Danskin kettlebell and DVD set for $20 at walmart - it's a good workout and the instructor isnt annoying at all, which is always a plus :wink: . I also got a Firm DVD on Amazon, havent tried it yet but it got good reviews. I like to look on Amazon because you can see what people say about them :)

I'm just starting with it (about a week) but I love doing kettlebell - good luck!
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    We use them in bootcamp. I actually am a little afraid of them, however the results that the kettle bell classes get in terms of quick toning and ultimate work-out is notably efficient. You may want to see if they have an intro to kettle bells at a local gym, some of the strength training moves are difficult. I admire your daring!! I am not very coordinated and am always afraid of them either landing on my feet (highly unlikely) and I worry about one hitting my face (near impossible). But you will be a rock star! I will stick to my dog bone weights!
  • krv124
    Thanks for the suggestions!! I'm excited to start!
  • krv124
    What weight bell did you start with?
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    The Danskin DVD comes with a 10 lb and the Firm DVD comes with a 5 lb. I've seen a lot of people on here start with the 10 lb. but I started with the 5 lb just to make sure I didnt kill myself ... it seems fairly easy (still a workout though!) but I'm going to stick with the 5 lb till I get the moves down.
  • target has a workout with the kettle bells included for like 25.00 dollars
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    I also got the Danskin 5lb. kettlebell from Wal-Mart for under $20. Gin Miller is a great instructor - not too perky and the DVD shows different angles of the moves so you can see a whole body perspective! The workout is simple in terms of what you do but it is seriously kick butt!! Well worth $20 and definitely no need to spend $90. :wink:
  • krv124
    thank you somuch for all the suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.