Getting fit while nursing

Options
Anyone interested in adding me for inspiration & support? Also any tips, recipes, etc... I'm finding it really hard to find any time to exercise & some of my snacking are poor choices.

Replies

• Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    For exercise, trying wearing baby in a wrap or Ergo and walking or squatting/lunging/etc. Baby will love the movement while staying close to you. Snack-wise, Greek yogurt and fruit, mini Babybel cheese wheels, and Trader Joe's Reduced-Guilt guacamole are some of my favorites. Try making these cookies at http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/02/healthy-cookies.html They are low calories and the oatmeal is a galactagogue, so it'll help with your milk production. One other thing: make sure when exercising that you wear a good fitting, non-underwire sports bra of some sort that doesn't squeeze you too much. Don't want any plugged ducts, ouch!
  • Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I usually can't exercise while I'm nursing either...
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options

That's wimp talk. You put those swollen boobs of yours away and get off your butt :P
    -If you are on the other end of the nursing, then I am very uncomfortable right now, but....congratulations????
  • Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

That's wimp talk. You put those swollen boobs of yours away and get off your butt :P
    -If you are on the other end of the nursing, then I am very uncomfortable right now, but....congratulations????

Humor helps us all in the journey :)
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    There is no big changes you have to make when nursing except waiting long enough post partem that EVERYTHING has healed (i had an easy birth and started jogging at 5 weeks. My doctor kicked my butt when she found out, she was just about to give me permission to go for long walks not runs)

After that just don't cut your calories or create such a deficit that your milk goes away... give yourself enough time to really establish breastfeeding before you take off on anything crazy.

good luck! how old is baby?