destroying relationships with workingout

Options
2»

Replies

• heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Are you resenting the workout? I get weird like that in response to emotional stuff, but not to the workout itself. The workout itself makes me happy, the whole endorphin thing. So yeah, unless there's more to this story - resentment or something, or really not eating enough, or something else - I might wonder if there's some chemical imbalance going on.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    i'm starting to think it might be low-blood sugar to I just looked it up on google..last night was the worse its ever been...I only had a half a block of tofu post workout..i'm really poor at the moment and live off food stamps as a gluten-free vegan (slight gluten free intolerance..i couldn't even afford meat if I wanted too)kinda sucks because I know I gotta to eat last because 200 hundred bucks a month does not go far in a month...nd I've been really stressed out lately just because it seems like I never really have enough to eat in the house...I used to be fine when I had a little bit more cash on hand and could afford more food..i just want to stick to the same workouts...i'm pretty much living off of TVP and potatos with some cereal in the morning because its what I can afford..i also have a digestive disorder where I can't digest pretty much anything green, rice, most fresh fruits, and beans...I live off disability because of it..well I have a whole bunch of other things wrong with my body too..but maybe its stress to the money I get from disability has to support me and boyfiend..so after rent, cable and his car insurance I have nothing left...he just started up his own buissness and all of my settlement money went to that because I owed him for past bills when I lived with him...I don't know why i'm even posting all this..maybe its just lack of food and a lot of stress

Its none of my business but sometimes when were in a situation the answer does not seem obvious - Tell your boyfriend to get a job, and lose the cable. It is more important that you are eating properly than it is to have cable.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Stop doing "really hard workouts" and ease up a bit.

I love pushing myself, but my response is positive (I feel good, get the endorphin rush etc) and sleep like a log afterwards.

Ease up a bit, do a workout you consider to be more moderate and see what your response is.

It could be that your response is completely unrelated to the workout and more about what you are finding at home when your return.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    This might be an unpopular opinion on here, but if working out is adversely affecting your relationships and mental health then I think you should stop working out. It sounds like your emotional health is the more acute problem and should be dealt with first.

I remember when I was going through a very severe depression I kept getting a recommendation from everyone to start exercising, but exercise caused me so much anxiety and anger that it just became another problem I had to deal with on top of everything else. Eventually I learned that unless I'm enjoying it, there's no point in forcing myself to do it. I was obviously able to loose the weight and I started working out eventually, but I had to be in an emotionally healthy place before I could deal with all my food and exercise issues.

You'll get there. Be patient with yourself. You have your whole life, there's no need to rush.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    dramarama

LOL...
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I think you need to talk to your doctor. The symptoms you are describing are not a normal reaction to exercise.

Agreed. I am much more pleasant when I'm working out. I am happier in general, have more energy and have a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer fuse. I self-medicate with exercise to kill general anxiety.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I think your workouts might be too strenuous and you're not eating enough to fuel them.

What is your daily deficit?

How long do you workout everyday?

How intense is the workout?
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m6fvk9xLnR1rwcc6bo1_500_zps7ae1359c.gif
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m6fvk9xLnR1rwcc6bo1_500_zps7ae1359c.gif

My favorite part of the entire movie.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Does this happen if you work out earlier in the day as well? Are you eating enough?