Does anyone here make protein powder desserts?

Options
1992Leigh1992
1992Leigh1992 Posts: 100 Member
I have been readings a lot of these recipes lately http://proteinpow.com/

I would like to experiment more with cooking using protein powder (beyond shakes and protein pancakes). I buy protein powder regularly to make shakes after I go running, and choose the powder based on the macros, taste and what is on special.The powder I buy most frequently is Michelle Bridges' Figure Protein but I haven't had much success cooking with it and I assume that is because it is a soy protein powder. I tend to find soy and whey proteins most easily. I had a look today and there are a lot of powders that are mixed soy and whey, and some that are just mostly whey (with some other ingredients). I have also come across some affordable rice protein powders.
II am open to trying new protein powders. I was wondering if anyone who reguarly cooks with protein powder could recommend a particular brand that they have had success with. What sort of ingredients should I be looking for?

I'm hoping to find something that is fairly versatile and would work with as many recipes as possible.

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    No
  • kelbanc
    kelbanc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like Isalean and Isapro (for athletes) from Isagenix they have a number of awesome recipes on Pinterest too including brownies that are out of this world!
  • amimonick
    amimonick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Jaime Eason from bodybuilding.com is AWESOME! Cinnamon swirl bread! Packed with protein, gluten free amazing. 2 squares = 100 cal. 8g. Protein 8g carbs. 2 fat.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    No, it sounds like hassle.
  • MrsSchimmy
    MrsSchimmy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've baked with EAS vanilla whey protein, GNC whey and casein both, and Cellucor whey proteins. All have turned out fine for me. I've used many different recipes. I now look at baked goods and scoff if they don't have protein.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I've used protein powder in mug cakes, but I haven't made one of those in forever. I just use whatever whey protein I happen to have - Cellucor is a high quality protein. Quest protein powders are made for using in recipes, though you can make shakes with them as well. I've tried cooking with Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard, but everything came out dry and spongy.