That awesome moment...

Options
2»

Replies

• jeanywren
    jeanywren Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I find I am rarely buying anything processed any more. I dont mind cooking but my SO thinks I have lost my mind. My sodium is way down, and I did like to use some salt before. My carbs are also down as I don't eat bread or pasta for the gluten. My SO has had heart surgery and was told to watch salt. When we started looking at all the stuff in his pantry and freezer (premade meals), it was shocking how much sodium is in that stuff. He too is eating healthier as I freeze food for him to heat up for meals when I am there. But he still is kicking and screaming about the gluten free stuff, which I do not impose on him!!! Can't change the mindset of an old man lol.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Now that is a very different type of NSV. And very, VERY well done.

Believe it or not, people used to actually cook for themselves.

Who knew?

Congrats, way to go, and thanks for that. Well done.
  • JenHall3310
    JenHall3310 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I work in the deli at a huge grocery store. I can't belive all the crap people buy! Even before i stated being healthy i never bought that much boxed meals!

I work for Wal Mart (I know I know) and it is shocking what some people put into their kids body. I've literally sold people HUNDREDS of dollars worth of frozen meals. Chips and pop for snacks. It's terrifying. Even the meat some people buy is boxed with gravy and just needs nuked a few minutes...