whats going wrong?!!!!

Options
I'm exercising regularly (5 days a week for one hour) but when I check my weight after 1 week I gained 2 kgs :s its very shocking for me.... whats wrong!!!!

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    You're probably eating too much.. you can't out exercise a bad diet.
    The basic principle is Calories in, calories out. More in than out will result in weight gain.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Also, making your diary public will let people pinpoint where you could be going wrong.
  • ZainabHafeedh
    ZainabHafeedh Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I consume 1200 calories daily & burn around 400
  • ZainabHafeedh
    Options
    Ok I will do that
  • Christine_72
    Options
    ...And your accurately weighing, measuring and logging everything you eat and drink?
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing all your solid food and measuring liquids, or just guessing? Logging everything? Have you eaten something high in sodium?
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    ...And your accurately weighing, measuring and logging everything you eat and drink?

Was about to suggest this. Estimating doesn't cut it. Also, if you can using MFP to calculate your exercise calories there's a very good chance that what you are burning is overestimated. In which case, eat back 50%-75% of those exercise calories back, not all.
  • ZainabHafeedh
    Options
    U all can check my diary. I have made it public now.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I just had a quick scan, and there's a lot of quick add calories, serves and cup measurements. You need to get a food scale and weigh everything that passes your lips and measure your fluids, no guestimations.
    It may sound daunting, but if you're not losing weight you need to find the cause. My guess is you're eating more than you think.
  • ZainabHafeedh
    Options
    I do log everything I eat & drink. I burn 400 calories because I will loose weight more fast. I do skipping (30 mins), dancing (20 mins) & streching (10) mins this would be burning around 400 calories. Does burning more calories will slow the weight loosing system??
  • Christine_72
    edited March 2015
    Options
    How do you know all this burns 400 calories? Do you use a fitbit or heart rate monitor? Don't forget mfp inflates calorie burns. No, exercise will not slow down weight loss.
    I still stand by what I said... you're not logging accurately. Do you have a kitchen scale, and do you use it to weigh ALL your food.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You're not eating 1200 calories - your diary is far too inaccurate to state that

and I very much doubt you are burning 400 calories too

which is why you're not losing

so check the calorie101 sticky and put the effort into the right places
  • ZainabHafeedh
    Options
    Yes MFP says I burn around 400 calories or more. I don't have kitchen scale. I just log by guessing. If I planned to burn more calories, e.g instead of 400 calories I started to burn 500 will I loose weight fast?? Its really confusing
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    You're not eating 1200 calories - your diary is far too inaccurate to state that

So how should I do that??!!
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Yes MFP says I burn around 400 calories or more. I don't have kitchen scale. I just log by guessing. If I planned to burn more calories, e.g instead of 400 calories I started to burn 500 will I loose weight fast?? Its really confusing

That's why you're gaining weight. You really don't know how many calories you are really consuming. If you're looking at an apple and guessing that it weighs 150 grams, how do you know it doesn't weigh 250 grams? Just in that apple alone, you've consumed 50 calories more than you thought you did.
    As others have said, buy a food scale and weigh everything (in grams, preferably) and measure all liquids. Then you'll know, exactly, how much you're actually eating.

If you're guessing on the amount of calories burned (and no method is really 100% exact), then take whatever number you decided on and cut it in half. If MFP tells you that you burned 400 calories, pretend like it was 200 calories. Even if you use a heart rate monitor, it's best to assume a 25% inaccuracy.
  • Christine_72
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I guessed that my
    banana was 100g. True weight 175g.
    60g cottage cheese. True weight 100g
    15g peanut butter. True weight 35g
    Sultana bran 90g. True weight 135g
    Smoked turkey breast 100g. True weight 210g

I have many, many more examples. My point is...... Guessing is whack like crack man. Just buy a food scale and you'll be on your way in the right direction :+1:
  • mokaiba
    mokaiba Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm exercising regularly (5 days a week for one hour) but when I check my weight after 1 week I gained 2 kgs :s its very shocking for me.... whats wrong!!!!

its normal to gain some weight when you first start exercising on a consistent basis. Calories also need to be accurate or you end up eating more than you think.
  • hhnkhl
    hhnkhl Posts: 231 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

There it is. You are guessing. Guessing is a big NO. You are OVEREATING.
    Well, obviously you are overeating. If you arent going to keep a proper record of your foods...just eat bananas, tofu, tomatoes, beef.
    Thats what I did because I got lazy with the food measuring and I lost over 10 kgs.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Buy a food scale and weigh everything

Cut the MFP calories for exercise in half