HRM questions...more for the ladies...

Options
Supermel
Supermel Posts: 612 Member
So dh got me a half price Polar F6 yesterday (wohooo) as an early birthday gift. I tried it out and it did great walking around the baseball park and cutting the grass (250 cal's wohoo). I went on to do my 30 Day shred and found when i riased my arms or jumped, it went to zero. I noticed my strap had loosened, so tonight I will make it snugger. I had a sports bra on, and tucked the chest strap under it, but am wondering if the bra moving up and down a bit was affecting it? Where do you place your chest strap around your sports bra? Any advice?? TIA

Replies

• mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I just got mine this past week, and I put it under the bottom elastic band of my sports bra, but I'd like to hear what others do too. I haven't had any problems with my calories going to zero though... Mine is pretty tight and doesn't move much.

I am so happy I have one though...I love it!
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I put mine below my sports bra, and tighten it. I notice when it is not tight it slips when I sweat and doesnt read good.
  • sazziecee
    sazziecee Posts: 143
    Options
    I wear mine under the band of my sports bra.

It seems to stay put at regular aerobics but quite often loses its signal at Zumba if we are doing anything fast, I just readjust it though and it gets it signal back pretty quickly, although it is annoying as my reading will be slightly off for that session then
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    For me, it has to be super tight to the point that it's borderline uncomfortable when I start a workout. I absolutely cannot wear it under my bra, it annoys me. So I wear it so that the chest strap and my bra strap touch but aren't overlapping. I usually have to force my sports bra up a bit in the back to make it work, but that's what works best for me.

Also, in regards to it 00ing on you, make sure you wet the sensors (meshy looking patches) before your workout. That is the other potential reason for it 00ing.
  • tkeller3
    tkeller3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also wear mine under the band of my sports bra. I've never had the problem of it going to zero though. I do what the directions say and get the band a little wet when I start since I'm usually not sweating yet.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Yes, I also tuck under the bra... but have never had that problem. Is there any chance that it is losing contact with your skin when you reach up? That is the only reason I can think of, other than it just loosing signal from the chest strap due to distance or angle?!
  • Supermel
    Options
    I only wet it with some spit from fingers (ewww i know) because i was out at my son's tball when i opened the package so it may have needed more moisture (which i will make sure to do tonight). Also, the chest strap was significantly loser by the time i began my shred (had walked and then cut grass before hand). I didn't want to stop mid shred and lose my heart rate to adjust strap... so i will tighten it a lot tighter tonight. Thanks so much for all your suggestions, that is very helpful.
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My sports bras are all underwires, so I have to wear it below the band. And having the band super tight is key.
  • Supermel
    Options
    thanks! i will adjust it super tight :) I hope it will work perfect tonight ;)
  • cln714
    cln714 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Whenever I've had problems with mine it was because the pads weren't wet enough. I take of the strap and run it under a faucet... then it works fin.
  • Supermel
    Options
    oh wow, i didn't realize that wet. thanks!
  • Supermel
    Options
    Well it worked perfect today! made sure it was on very snugly and made sure it was quite moist when putting on the strap. Never went to 00 once! yah! Thanks for all the tips!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I had that problem to start - tightening it helped and i wear it a little lower than my bra strap. I have a long torso though. About 1" above where my ribs ends works well. Also re wetting it - you do have to wet it pretty good and you said "ick I know" to using spit - but actually the salt content in spit helps the nodes transfer better so it's recommended. I actually lick mine before i put it on. Works great. I wash it after so it's not really that gross since it's clean. :)
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    I do like some of the other ladies and wear it just below the sports bra, touching but not under it and it is fitted to me pretty tight. I also make sure to wet the sensors under the faucet before putting it on each time and haven't had the 00ing happen yet. Congrats on the new HRM and Happy birthday!