I had my WOW moment (not in a good way)

I have tried myfitnesspal before and I know it works. For some reason I stopped logging and the weight just kept adding on. I started to go to the Wellness center at work to take a few exercise classes a week. Usually I stand off to the side where I can't see myself in the mirror. Well on this past Tuesday I had to be in the middle of the class and then I saw myself and didn't even recognize me. How did I let myself go so badly? I thought. But I knew the answer, I haven't exercised, I eat way more then a serving size, plus I just eat way more then I should. That was my WOW moment and I am rejoining myfitnesspal, I have a fitbit flex, and that image of me is now what I go to in my mind if something tempting shows up. I enjoy the group exercise classes and need that group feeling to keep me motivated. That is why I am asking for friends on myfitness pal. I need support, so if you would like, please add me as a friend. Thank you.

Replies

• eeelizabeth2012
    eeelizabeth2012 Posts: 132 Member
    I got my Fitbit three weeks ago and lost 5lbs since. I finally weighed myself this morning. You should totally add me and we can do competitions! https://www.fitbit.com/user/38LY2Z
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    laddario wrote: »
    I have tried myfitnesspal before and I know it works. For some reason I stopped logging and the weight just kept adding on. I started to go to the Wellness center at work to take a few exercise classes a week. Usually I stand off to the side where I can't see myself in the mirror. Well on this past Tuesday I had to be in the middle of the class and then I saw myself and didn't even recognize me. How did I let myself go so badly? I thought. But I knew the answer, I haven't exercised, I eat way more then a serving size, plus I just eat way more then I should. That was my WOW moment and I am rejoining myfitnesspal, I have a fitbit flex, and that image of me is now what I go to in my mind if something tempting shows up. I enjoy the group exercise classes and need that group feeling to keep me motivated. That is why I am asking for friends on myfitness pal. I need support, so if you would like, please add me as a friend. Thank you.

Have I ever been where you are. I remember looking down at myself in a bathing suit and thinking "omg i'm so fat" it was like I had slept the past months away. I was mortified...ran in and changed my clothes and went directly to the gym. No looking back!