Lap bander is still struggling.

Options
I had lap band surgery ten years ago and have continued to struggle. I just keep gaining and dieting. I learned to "outeat" my band and dialated my esophagus. They took all the fluid out of my band, and WHAM-30 lbs gained in SIX months. They don't tell you that can happen, until it does. The nutritionist at my doctor's office showed me My Fitness Pal, and it's working. I don't know what clicked, but it did. I am trying to eat 1500 cal day with less than 75 carbs and more than 90 gm protein. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks!

Replies

• squished
    squished Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the success so far with MFP. I just got back into it 3 weeks ago and I'm down 14.3 right now.

For what it's worth, most hospitals don't even offer the lap band anymore due to complications and lack of success with it. Not to mention you've got a foreign object in you! I'm currently enrolled in a weight center at a leading hospital in Boston and they refuse to do a lap band on anyone. Have you thought about having it removed and having the VSG procedure done? I'm scheduled for mine in April 7th and can't wait. Due to some other medical issues, it's going to be a new lease on life for me.
  • hollihankins
    Options
    I had the sleeve surgery done almost 3 years ago out of country and although I initially lost 70 pounds I never did what I was supposed to do and was already in trouble from the beginning and as the pounds started coming back on I really had to take a good look at the choices I was continuing to make. I started exercising more regularly but it wasn't until I started logging here that has helped me the most. I've always known recording what I eat is a must but all my life I've never made it a habit. It's still not a habit but I'm getting better. Suggestions? I'm in the same place as you...my goal is to keep logging honestly, try all kinds of workouts on you tube, get out and walk/jog/bike daily and remind myself daily that I am worth the time it takes to do it, I am in charge of my health and it is worth the effort to feel the benefits of just feeling better! Don't let yourself stop. I log the days that all I eat is crap. It doesn't make me a bad person and I've given up that thinking that when I blow it I am somehow not loveable or worthy. Maybe you can't relate to my thinking but I have always been my worst critic and I'm done with that! Yah! If you want to add me as friend please do. Keep fighting!