ARMPIT FAT? AM I THE ONLY ONE.

Options
My biggest most horrible feature is ARMPIT fat.. Like actually under the armpit.. Anyone else have this? Pictures? How ti get rid of them ?

Replies

• gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to, though I do carry fat under my armpits -- though less-so than when I was much heavier.

Unfortunately, all you can do is continue to lose weight. You can't pinpoint fat reduction. It'll happen where it happens.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    NO ONE but you is even noticing that... file it away... and work your program the results will come
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Along with continued weight loss, I'm guessing that some weight training might tone up that area???? Just not sure what type of weight training might do that though. Suggestions?
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    You can do side bends or sit ups but please don't lose that armpit.

Oh good grief! You need help. LOL :)

• BCRoberts15
    BCRoberts15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You sure it's fat? Could be a lymph node or tumor. Though that would be painful and thus a big red flag and hard to confuse with fat. I'm just having a hard time picturing armpit fat.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Get different bras. Some will squish the skin/fat/breast tissue upward more than others.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    summer8it wrote: »
    Get different bras. Some will squish the skin/fat/breast tissue upward more than others.

I was coming in to say the same. You'd be surprised to know that many women have two things going on: breast tissue that extends to the underarm area (very common for both full figured and smaller women) coupled with the wrong bra (and overwhelmingly the wrong size bra--typically too big of a band and too small of a cup is the "issue").

Once I switched to a UK brand of bra (and measured by a professional--NOT a Victoria Secret or similar store--like a little old lady with reading glasses and a tape measure around her neck, lol), I found all this "extra" flab in my armpits is actually breast tissue. A proper bra will have an underwire that extends to the sides of our ribcage (and under the armpit, and contain all that tissue.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I have the problem too. Losing weight will get rid of the armpit fat. For a while though, it will be loose skin where the fat was, making the area difficult to shave. It requires patience waiting for your body to take up the slack. It is also true that some bras make the problem look worse. I find that ones with underwire and pushup features are the worst for it.
  • GrannyCrayCray
    GrannyCrayCray Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I too had the fat under / around (whatever) my armpits. June 2014 I began to lift weights, do cardio, eat at deficit, etc... By December I had lost a few pounds; however, my body has changed considerably! The armpit fat is not only gone, but [WARNING: TMI to follow] now I find it challenging to shave my pits without worry of cuts. That's a problem I can deal with though - I just have to be more careful with the razor & wax strips have worked without being too painful in the harder to reach areas (tendons, or ligaments, or something that is now more defined & was more protected by squishy fat before). I did not look at your profile to see how you exercise, or anything about weight or body stat stuff; I just know what my experience has been and thought I'd share especially since you were brave enough to post on the forum a question related to armpits ;)
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I have the problem too. Losing weight will get rid of the armpit fat. For a while though, it will be loose skin where the fat was, making the area difficult to shave. It requires patience waiting for your body to take up the slack. It is also true that some bras make the problem look worse. I find that ones with underwire and pushup features are the worst for it.

That's the worst area of loose skin for me. Body has not corrected it...oh well...