should I schedule my workouts or go with how I feel

2»

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Build a schedule with rest days built in, rest/recovery days are important

If you legitimately need a rest day (generally feeling worn down or really were not able to perform in your workout yesterday) then take a rest day. If you just feel like being a bum and are using "I will count today as a rest day" for an excuse, well then you really aren't helping yourself out any.

• farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    If I have been consistent, and I really don't feel like it, I take a rest day. Sometimes it does me a world of good, mentally and physically. I always try and get my 4 days/week in though.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    hill8570 wrote: »
    You know your discipline level better than we do. However, IMHO, "feeling lazy" is no excuse to not work out ("feeling run down" is -- there's a world of difference).

^^ this. We need to listen to our bodies, but lazy doesn't cut it. Go!
  • XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    My gym days are Mon-Fri. I just stick to that. If for some reason I couldn't make it (and really could not make it) to the gym during a week day, I'll make up for it on Saturdays. So I'd say just stick to the schedule you have and go.
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    edited March 2015
    What worked for me was to aim for working out every single day because realistically I know I'll feel lazy some days and rest. This way I average working out more than if I scheduled my workouts.