10lbs down!!!

Options
I've lost some weight and now it's time to tone myself! Does anyone else do it like that? lose the weight first then start excersizing to tone up?

Replies

• brentdjwhite
    brentdjwhite Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm doing exactly that. Just make sure you're hitting your macros. Building muscle is much tougher than losing weight
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I read on here somewhere that there is no toning, only muscle building. Perhaps a distinction without a difference. I've always made exercise (cardio and strength) part of my overall weight loss strategy rather than do one then the other. Seems to me a healthy lifestyle is comprised of both at all times.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    You can only build muscle in a calorie surplus.

No such thing as "toning" muscles.
  • buffie_101
    Options
    I do both at that same time. I find that when people just do cardio first and don't build muscles, they tend to loose weight and look flabby. At least that's my experience. But everyone's body is different. Good luck on your journey :)
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    buffie_101 wrote: »
    I do both at that same time. I find that when people just do cardio first and don't build muscles, they tend to loose weight and look flabby. At least that's my experience. But everyone's body is different. Good luck on your journey :)
    Soooo you're in a deficit and a surplus at the same time?!
  • duracell24
    duracell24 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks jkwolly for whatever you're trying to say.. I'm just a regular girl trying to talk to regular people about how I lose weight sorry our lingo is incorrect I'm sure there are posts that you can relate too.. Try posting on those.. As for everyone else thanks for the encouragement and support!