Ladies....do you give yourself a "pass" during THAT time?

Options
124»

Replies

• liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't give myself a pass, but these are the times I tend to "mess up", "quit", "go way overboard". Then I spend half off the next week trying to make up for it. I have pretty good self control on a normal day but somehow that goes out the window a couple days every month.

Never was an issue until I had my daughter. I used to not understand how anyone could have "PMS" where they were upset all the time, now I know better. For about 2 days I'll feel angry about everything, or nothing. Just fuming the whole time. That's when I have a hard time controlling my eating. I do better some months than other. I spend most of my energy trying not to snap at those around me.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    No pass. Working out actually helps me to feel better during TOM.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    No. It is a normal, physiological part of life. We have to live with it and treat is as normality.
  • KBurkhardt08
    KBurkhardt08 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. During that time of the month I want to eat everything in sight. Especially since I've started trying to lose weight. I usually just allow myself small amounts of whatever I'm craving so I dont go over my calories.
  • SyllyReth
    SyllyReth Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Shark week is sometimes pretty rough for me and sometimes it's less difficult to get through. If I'm having a particularly bad week, I definitely slow down on the exercise and give myself a little leeway as far as getting moving every single day. I get some problematic cramps sometimes, though... the kind where it hurts to do anything but lay on the floor, and no, exercise doesn't help ease them. I've tried that before. I do still try to keep on track with snacking/meals, though. That doesn't really affect the physical aches or pains one way or another.

Short answer, it depends on how I am feeling that day/week. I figure I know myself and my body best, so I listen to it.
  • TheAnayalator
    TheAnayalator Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Nope I dont. If I really get a craving I try to make it fit into my nutritional goals. For example if I want chocolate I'll make my chocolate protein brownies. Or if I want a burger I'll make a 99% lean turkey burger with lots of veggies. Things like that will help you satisfy your cravings without feeling bad. :) best of luck
  • _tierachanel
    _tierachanel Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Nope. I don't give myself a pass. If I did that I would just set myself back. All that hard work for nothing. What I do when I have crazy cravings is just work what I want into my daily calories and try not to go over my goal.

If I'm craving chocolate, instead of pigging out on a whole candy bar I will get a "funsized" bar. My craving is satisfied and I didn't overindulge.