Waist size and health

Options
hi i am just curious how much your waist size really means. I am 5'1" 112 lb currently and have a 26-27in waist which, is apparently not average for women my size. My ideal waist is "24 inches" and even when i weighed 106lb i was never that small. I walk at least half an hour daily, i try to get at least 10k steps. I also try to include core work and ive started yoga. Does this mean anything? Is it related to frame size? I also despite have a smaller chest, wear a 36in band in bras which just seems really weird when i consider myself small? Thanks

Replies

• lulupizza
    lulupizza Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You could try waist training but your body type is mostly based on genetics i'm 5'4 about 123lbs and my waist is 27in i really want a tiny waist but i don't think it's ever going to happen lol
  • pbandz
    pbandz Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Im uninterested in wearing a corset if thats what you are talking about. I do core workouts that are supposed to benefit core and waist but nothing changes. Ive had a more athletic build since i was little since i go back and forth from running. I dont know how this stuff works though. Its disappointing to see people with slim waists and even though my weight is healthy, my waist is the normal for someone half a foot taller than i am . Eh
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    When you do core workouts what you are doing is building your core muscles. That means your core will get somewhat bigger. Usually, totally worth it, just saying, don't expect that to bring your waist down. I haven't ever seen anything suggesting that 26-27in would be unhealthy, where did you see that?
  • pbandz
    pbandz Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I always figured it may have to do with the core work and building onto my abs and stuff. Was not sure, just wondered since i kind of feel like i have a weird waist size. Glad to know its in my head and its normal :)