Trying to figure out the calories in this meal

Options
Christine_72
Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
I've been scouring the data base, but cant find an equivalent to the meal i'm having tonight at a restaurant. There's barely any Aussie restaurants listed.
I was hoping someone could compare what i'm having to an American chain restaurant that might be in the data base.
It's pretty easy, just a seafood plate with chips. 2 pieces crumbed Whiting (fish), 6 crumbed calamari rings and 6 crumbed prawns(shrimp), plus the side of chips. It doesn't have to be spot on, just a rough calorie guide.

Replies

• MissMissie1987
    MissMissie1987 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I would just look up each individual item and document them that way, instead of crumbed, we used battered......good luck
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Can we assume the fish is 180 grams? Calamari about 35 grams? and the shrimp about 125 grams? Did they fry it? I do not want to assume they did, but breaded, they probably did.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Yeah no doubt it will all be deep fried in oil. It's my Birthday today so i really shouldn't care, just curious. You guys have that red lobster place, i was thinking they may have an equivalent. I don't want anyone to do the work for me, was hoping to get a name of a restaurant that serves this kind of stuff
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    check long john silvers and see what comes up. not accurate but its a start.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    check long john silvers and see what comes up. not accurate but its a start.

Awesome, Thank you.

• nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Or you can check Outback restaurant chain as you mention it's an Aussie place you are dining at.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'd just look up each thing separately...

Haven't looked but there's got to be entries for battered/breaded fish, calamari rings, etc.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Nothing at Long John silvers. I found a deluxe seafood platter at captain D's for 1485 calories. That'll have to do :D
  • Christine_72
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    Or you can check Outback restaurant chain as you mention it's an Aussie place you are dining at.

I live in Australia :)

• ginny92802
    ginny92802 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the "Admirals Feast" at Red Lobster a bit. Happy birthday!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Well enjoy your birthday. I think you can look it up tomorrow on here by fish type and 'deep fried'. Enjoy yourself!
  • Christine_72
    Options
    ginny92802 wrote: »
    Sounds like the "Admirals Feast" at Red Lobster a bit. Happy birthday!

Thank you :flowerforyou: